How to Install Plugins ×

Displacement and Alpha mask plugin! (07/06/08:v1.4.1.1)

Bleek II

The plugin distorts an image based on the light values of the mask. This is useful for mapping images to other surfaces.

:RightArrowBlue:Alpha-Displacement Mask.zip

Before

disn.jpg

After!!!

disy.jpg

Follow the this link for more on displacement (highly recommended)

https://archive.org/details/pixelperfect/pixelperfect--0017--displacement--hd720p30.h264.mp4

^^Don't miss the video^^ it's been here from the start. high rez downloads to the right of the stream

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/12895-create-a-waving-flag-using-displacement/^^Also read Drew's Paint.NET version!!^^ product below

(Japanese) http://paintnet.web.fc2.com/plugin/okikae/admask.htm

drew said:
That is a great video. I actually found it before you posted that because I was searching frantically to understand how to use it. I've been playing around with this plug-in some, and I made a waving flag like that guy's.

Original from http://www.thegio.net/kazakhstan/american-flag.jpg:

flag2.png

After plug-in/tutorial:

flag.png

This plugin is based off the the AlphaMaskImport plugin.

Credits

pleska: File Handling

Illnab1024: Alpha Mask

MadJik: Coding help (lots of it)

Bleek II: Displacement

V1.0

release

V1.1

UI:

- smaller form

- reset buttons

- number boxes

V1.1.1

-UI issue fixed

V1.1.1.1

-fixed 1 off bug

V1.2.0.0

-Added neutral value control

v1.2.1.0

-fixed backwards neutral value

-UI update

-faster & cleaner displacement code

v1.3.0.0

-edge controls

v1.3.0.1

-UI font colors weren't the same on every system

v1.4.1.1

-fixed dumb issues in 1.4.0.*

-You can now clip with the alpha values of masks

Also see:

My gallery: https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/9003-bleek-iis-galleryupdated-61108/

ScreenPixel(a not very useful plug in): https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/9059-screenpixel/

==========================================================================

Edit by Ash:

Seems people usually don't read all the way to page3.

My easy to understand tips about this useful plugin.

Ash said:

Bottom layer=Image A

Top layer=Letters

Run the plugin on top layer, use Image A as "mask"

Adjust setting in plugin.

See letters change.

Edited by toe_head2001
Reattached Zip

This is BRILLIANT. Photoshop's displacement tool isn't even half this easy.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Great job!

GUI needs some work. Reset buttons would be awesome. Also, I'm a fan of pixel based distortion as opposed to the current % based distortion.

Otherwise, nice job.

As far as function goes, this is my new favorite plugin. :D

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

GUI needs some work. Reset buttons would be awesome. Also, I'm a fan of pixel based distortion as opposed to the current % based distortion.

Good points. This was the first time I used the windows form builder in VS 2008. I'm use to text based c++ programing. About the % based distortion, it really works best that way. I'll explain. The plugin reads each of the map's pixel luminosity values ranging from 0 to 255. The closer that value is to 0 the more it moves it in one direction and closer to 255 it is the more it moves it to the other direction, 127 is neutral. At 100% it moves each pixel the range value that's on the map but that's a bit of over kill in most cases so % works well to tune the process. However, in most cases I agree, I like to know how many pixels things are moving by. You can think of it as a range in this case 100% = -128 to 128, 50% = 64 to 64, and so on... The source code is there if you would like a better UI, I am lazy. I will post any updates to the plugin that others make and add you to the credits.

Nice, thank you!

This should take up much less screen.

If that's a complied plugin, please post! However I believe that's an image edit, right? The reason those bar are so large is because I didn't want to spend the time figuring out how to get those nice input boxes next to the bars in windows form builder. So to give the user more control... I made them huge!... yeah I'm lazy, also I have my laptop screen here set at 1600x1050 so it's not to bad for me.

Nice, thank you!

This should take up much less screen.

If that's a complied plugin, please post! However I believe that's an image edit, right? The reason those bar are so large is because I didn't want to spend the time figuring out how to get those nice input boxes next to the bars in windows form builder. So to give the user more control... I made them huge!... yeah I'm lazy, also I have my laptop screen here set at 1600x1050 so it's not to bad for me.

You should use IndirectUI...

signature.png

I am regarding the sliders issue he was refering to. Can you not use IndirectUI and regular UI at the same time in a plugin?

signature.png

Much cleaner! :D

Bug:

Hitting 'Reset' for X or Y isn't cycling the preview render...

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Okay, I've uploaded a fixed Dll. I missed four little lines. It was dumb of me not to test the Dll on an image before release. But I'd like to see Microsoft have a 10min response time, haha I think not (*feels a little bit better about looking stupid*)

you could add an anti-aliasing check box or so, very simple so that some jagged edges were corrected on the rendering

Please don't ever use "anti-aliasing" and "very simple" in the same sentence. Thank you. :roll:

Sorry. I know i should not but what i meant (sarcasms aside) is that we don't need another feather plugin, just something to soften the edges.

and btw BoltBait when are you releasing an update to feather to correct that problem with the line that remained after running the plugin?

What a genius plugin! I love it -- very well done -- this will prove to be extremely useful!!

Thanks for that vid, by the way , bb00, very useful for understanding this stuff.

Nab

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

That's awesome, drew! I'm happy to see it working as well as its photoshop counterpart.

I've just added a bit more control which may come in handy for some. I've haven't started work on adding anti-aliasing. BoltBait, could you point out a similar piece of code that has anti-aliasing in it so I can more easily translate it to this plugin, that would be most helpful.

Thanks all!

I've watched that movie twice now. my bad eyes are just not adjusting to see it clearly.

is the jist of the thing run a layer of picture over another layer of picture? or is it a layer of shadow over a layer of picture. I'm stuck. a wee small tut if anyone has the time.

just something simple very basics so I can get started using this.

ciao

OMA