Sign in to follow this  
Bleek II

Displacement and Alpha mask plugin! (07/06/08:v1.4.1.1)

Well it's fixed now. I'd hate for someone who uses PDN professionally to get stuck with a bad plugin and no way to fix it. And thanks, Blooper. Just to let you know, I am still chipping away at the blur mask project.

With the Displacement On? checkbox checked, it acts like a displacement filter; without, it acts like an alpha masking filter. That is, to use it like my original plugin, just leave that box unchecked and import a file.

Also, Bleek, I suggest having a catch (System.IO.FileNotFound) in the try...catch of the EffectConfigToken.GetImage() if you do update it again. And have the return fallback be an embedded single white pixel instead of null... it tries to read from file for every single pixel if you don't.

If you're still around. ;)

Great plugin! Just one thing (sorry to compliment and complain) I can't get displacement map to work on the new version (3.5.1) of PDN...Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Could someone explain to me why my plugin dialog box looks like this?

Image Removed

I have seen screenshot with the dialog box perfectly sized, and it doesn't matter what screen size I set the monitor to, it doesn't change anything.

Edit: Removed image because it is now working properly.

Nope. I am using Windows XP Pro SP 3.

Edit: Just to clarify, I do not tweak with the system's style, unless to change the color scheme to sliver (or blue if I wanted to). I did play with the Title Bar size, and it did not even affect the change of the dialog box. :? Odd. It would be nice if I could see if I have it checked. I'm starting to wonder if it's really only me since nobody seem to have that same problem.

Have you changed the default font or font-size? I ask because it looks like all the text is oversized.

All the other plugins are fine. This is the only one that is doing that on my system.

Edit: The plugin's dialog box is now functionly and appearing properly. It must had been my system. I had reformatted my hard drive yesterday and reinstalled everything. I think I may had just needed to reinstall the plugin. All I know is this: it's working, and I'm happy. :D

With the Displacement On? checkbox checked, it acts like a displacement filter; without, it acts like an alpha masking filter. That is, to use it like my original plugin, just leave that box unchecked and import a file.

Also, Bleek, I suggest having a catch (System.IO.FileNotFound) in the try...catch of the EffectConfigToken.GetImage() if you do update it again. And have the return fallback be an embedded single white pixel instead of null... it tries to read from file for every single pixel if you don't.

If you're still around. ;)

I just got back to working with PDN. I've been MIA for a long time, sorry. Yeah, I know this is sort of an odd plugin being a mixed Alpha/Displacement mapping plugin. The reason I made it that way is because I hate having to dig through the hundreds of plugins in PDN just to get to the one I want. I wanted to have a universal mapping plugin.

I know that Curtis has made several mapping plugins that have "better" UIs than mine but this one still has a few features that are needed by myself and others. These features include adjustment of neutral value, standard edge behavior, mask alpha clipping, and 0 pixel value exclusion. As a professional artist and not programmer I need these tools.

I have lost my copy of visual studios and can't update this plugin anymore. I have to ask you to become the maintainer of this useful plugin. I will post any updates that you make and give you credit for them.

Thank You.

Bleek, you can download Visual Studio Express 2008 / 2010, it is free.

Awesome, thanks! I'm a little out of touch when it comes to programing.

BTW, I wasn't bashing Curtis' mapping plugins. I was worried that it sounded that way. If his displacement plugin had all the features of this one I would delete my own and use his better UI.

My alpha mask plugin already has built in "mask from clipboard" as well as the original "pull from file" :D IDR who's it was though, I have so many plugins installed it takes almost 30 seconds for PDN to start up XD

Okay I see how awesome that clipboard thing is. I'll try to make a version of this plugin with that feature by next week. I also plan on removing the alpha mask part of this plugin because it seems to be a source of confusion.