Bleek II

Displacement and Alpha mask plugin! (07/06/08:v1.4.1.1)

What a genius plugin! I love it -- very well done -- this will prove to be extremely useful!!

Thanks for that vid, by the way , bb00, very useful for understanding this stuff.

Nab

That's awesome, drew! I'm happy to see it working as well as its photoshop counterpart.

I've just added a bit more control which may come in handy for some. I've haven't started work on adding anti-aliasing. BoltBait, could you point out a similar piece of code that has anti-aliasing in it so I can more easily translate it to this plugin, that would be most helpful.

Thanks all!

I've watched that movie twice now. my bad eyes are just not adjusting to see it clearly.

is the jist of the thing run a layer of picture over another layer of picture? or is it a layer of shadow over a layer of picture. I'm stuck. a wee small tut if anyone has the time.

just something simple very basics so I can get started using this.

ciao

OMA

I've watched that movie twice now. my bad eyes are just not adjusting to see it clearly.

is the jist of the thing run a layer of picture over another layer of picture? or is it a layer of shadow over a layer of picture. I'm stuck. a wee small tut if anyone has the time.

ciao

OMA

Easy to understand tips.

Bottom layer=Image A

Top layer=Letters

Run the plugin on top layer, use Image A as "mask"

Adjust setting in plugin.

See letters change.

ciao

OMA

Please note that they let you download higher rez versions to the right of the streaming video.

http://bitcast-a.bitgravity.com/revisio ... d.h264.mov

That's a link to the HD one but if your comp can't handle HD video they also have a "large" size versions.

thanks all I'll give this plugin a whirl today.

Ash good break down. simple and easy to follow instructions as always. Might be an idea to just put those as a tip box in the original first post. {hint hint.}

Blur before hand...That's what I do.

I think he (or she) means instead of moving a pixel so far across the X or Y plane according to its luminosity value, just blur the pixel. (I'm not familiar with writing plug-ins and blurring, so I don't know if you can "blur" one pixel.)

OK, I don't really know how to explain this... Let's imagine there is a "Blur" channel just like there is an Alpha channel. The brighter the mask's pixel, the blurry the underneath pixel will be (blurring that pixel with the area around it then removing everything but that pixel could work I guess?)

I just uploaded the alpha mask plugin....but under which pull-down is it?? Or, better yet, how do I use it?

It's under the Effects menu. To learn how to use the plugin please follow the links I provided in the first post above drew's flag.

Bad news, 1.4.0.1 was broken. I made if for a project I was working on and it worked fine for that. However, many of the more basic things did not, as I found out while working last night. I'm sorry for the ten people that downloaded that version. The plugin that's available now is 1.3.0.1. I don't have time to fix 1.4.0.1 right now, but expect 1.4.1.1 to be out later this week. I'm not a much of a programmer as I may have pointed out before. I only make plugin because I have uses for them as an artist. I foolishly release them with out testing all their functions and you the bloody potato which results from it. From now on I'll use plugins for a day or two before releasing them.

I didn't download it myself, but don't be too hard on yourself. You're helping everyone with all your plugins, and if they're broken, well we're not worse off than before.