Pictorium Suggestion Box / Discussion Thread

Crazy Man Dan

Pictorium Suggestion Box / Discussion Thread

You've got questions. We've got answers.

Nothing's ever perfect.

Odds are there will be questions or concerns regarding what we're doing here or how we're doing it. Nothing's ever perfect, but we'd like to get as close as we can, given our limitations (the whole human thing, you know). If you see something you think is odd, let us know. We can't guarantee your idea will be utilized, but we vow to consider every suggestion.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

• 1 month later...

we should not get rid of the old pictorium it could be usefull if we need to find old pictures or if someone claims something as their own we can prove them wrong

so i'm guessing we cant post anymore in the old too bad....

recently converted from photoshop

punoutofboundsnorm12.png

Correction: It is still available in read-only mode. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

So everybody gets their own thread? That is gonna be a lot of clickety click with the mouse (effort). I don't know if I am going to like all the isolation from each other. I liked how we all interacted on one thread. :|

Bye Bye old Pictorium, you will be missed :( .

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

You need to update the link in the rules to point to the new pictorium.

Done. Thanks for the reminder - I thought about it last week, but it escaped my mind almost as quickly. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

You need to update the link in the rules to point to the new pictorium.

Done. Thanks for the reminder - I thought about it last week, but it escaped my mind almost as quickly. :-)

I also advise you to change the text. Reading "Do not start a new topic just to show off your work" and then following the link to a sub-forum might confuse new users.

KaHuc.png

Good point. Done.

I suggest to stick or change to annoucement (or whatever) the old pictorium, still blocked, but on the top of the list (at least for a short time (or forever))!

It is by respect of all images posted here...

Without possible reply it will (it is already) always be the last post on the last page... :(:cry:

That is gonna be a lot of clickety click with the mouse (effort).

I wasn't aware that clicking a mouse was that much of an "effort" haha j/k man :wink:

OK. Let me exchange the word effort with the word time. You can't argue with that :P .

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

The old pictorium was fine for awhile but now there are so many members that this way makes more sense. For example some people might not be to interested in abstracts but really like photo-manips so now they can go right to the art they like without having to weed through the stuff they don't like, personally I think it's an awesome idea and it was very well executed. :D

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

Although I still hold the opinion that the umbrellas should be for publishing only.

what do you mean? just new stuff? I'm not sure I understand. you would like us all to post within our own galleries, just a few posts ago you thought individual galleries weren't such a good idea because every new member would open one and only post one or two things.

not following your thinking. explain more fully please

ciao

Although I still hold the opinion that the umbrellas should be for publishing only.

what do you mean? just new stuff? I'm not sure I understand. you would like us all to post within our own galleries,

I mean people should only be allowed to post artwork in the umbrellas (with links to their galleries) and comments should only be posted in personal galleries.

just a few posts ago you thought individual galleries weren't such a good idea because every new member would open one and only post one or two things.

No, I was sick of members opening galleries and posting nothing.

KaHuc.png

what do you mean? just new stuff? I'm not sure I understand. you would like us all to post within our own galleries,

I mean people should only be allowed to post artwork in the umbrellas (with links to their galleries) and comments should only be posted in personal galleries.

just a few posts ago you thought individual galleries weren't such a good idea because every new member would open one and only post one or two things.

No, I was sick of members opening galleries and posting nothing.

Ok so I understand that first part but I'm not sure you can link to individual galleries, they are both within the same forum area. If its possible would someone please let me know how. You don't think some people just might abuse that priviledge and use their galleries as a private chat spot, artificially bringing their names to the top as active posts?

also the second point. well you saw how the site went down today, what's to say other peoples providers didn't go down when they started posting to their galleries. like I think two maybe 3 people at the most did that? this is something that will sort itself out not really worth your time getting ranting over it. cool chill give the thing some time.