Pictorium Suggestion Box / Discussion Thread

Crazy Man Dan

hmmmm, well i see that a bunch have people have been creating galleries, myself included, i think this is create. But i think that some of the galleries should get stickied. I just feel like there are so many, and people like ash oma boltbait, etc. should have stickied galleries.

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

hmmmm, well i see that a bunch have people have been creating galleries, myself included, i think this is create. But i think that some of the galleries should get stickied. I just feel like there are so many, and people like ash oma boltbait, etc. should have stickied galleries.

That would get in the way of the umbrellas and would fully establish the fact that some always produce good images - we have the galleria for good images. Having all the artwork of a certain user stickied might discourage new users.

KaHuc.png

hmmmm, sabrown and boltbait you have good points. There are just so many galleries lol, i guess its easy to figure out which are the good ones and which arent for me.. but still. O well its just because im OCD and EVERYTHING has to be orginized lol (yet typos dont bug me...lol)

japannese.jpg

the other thing i would say is maybe make a rule, or highly encourage posting images as thumbnails. Some images are just huge, and take for ever to load. I had a bunch of large images, i changed them all to thumbnails.

um... that's already covered in the rules: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=22620

hmmmm, well..... im trying to think how to say this..

Basically if you open threads there are defenitely images larger than 800x600 is some, maybe this will get corrected over time. I guess i feel like a hypocrite because if you look at my gallery there is over 70 images, but i used thumbnails, i guess the reason im saying this is because if i would have created my gallery with my full size images it would have been ridiculous.

japannese.jpg

Maybe you should have a limit to the number of full images you are allowed to display - the rest would have to be thumbnails smaller than a certain size.

noooooooo Sabrown100 I veto this one for sure!

I respect everyone here and think they have the brains to use common sense. Really look at your art work does it merit full mega screen size or smaller version and a link to DA? does everything you ever done need to be there. I've been tracking the pictorium entries, and have seen maybe just a handful that shall we say might have been better displayed in smaller format. Who am I to judge, maybe those people spent hours and hours on something and feel its magnificent. As they go along most people will go back and downsize old images as they learn more skills both in picture creating, and maintaining a gallery (how to thumb, how to link etc. etc. )

just some thoughts.

Well, actually these rules are being treated pretty much the same as the regular forum rules. That is, being ignored by some people. I have seen huge pictures, quoted pictures, desktop screen captures rather than just the desktop artwork. It's none of my buisness because I don't have to police it or worry about load times. But, I think part of the problem might be a confusion by some as to what, or where actually, the stated "guidlines" apply. At first read it seems like the size limit may be talking about posting in the umbrellas, and then there are separate guides below that that deal with personal galleries that don't speak to size.

I just think people may be confusing "Pictorum" guidlines as something different from "Personal Galleries".

Just my 2 cents.

Where they'll be even less noticeable?

Yeah, that's not going to happen. But here's the rule of thumb: largest dimension of any image on these pages is 800px. If your work is larger than that, link the thumbnail to the full view (which we recommend in any case). Don't quote the image; if you need to identify one, change the [ img ] tags to [ url ] tags. And try to post the image as unhindered as possible (i.e. "PrintScreen" is not your friend!). And if the individual umbrellas give any additional instruction, follow those.

Does this help to clarify things a bit?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Wouldn't photo-editing fall under this umbrella?

Yes, it would. Love your sig, by the way. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.