Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moc426

Align Object Plugin - Updated 06/17/2007

211 posts in this topic

Appreciate your reply Ego Eram Reputo, But unfortunately this plugin doesn't suit the tutorial, because the tutorial is very simple, I really didn't have this plugin in the previous KrisVDM package, but I updated it last night after reading your reply and got it in my list, so thanks you very much sir, and thank you KrisVDM you too for the great plugins and for keeping them up to date.

Does it work with Paint.NET 3.5.10? I tried:

Edit -> Erase All, Erase Selection, Paste in to New Layer

Effects -> Align Object...

Nothing happens, none of these alignments work.

f-align0150d3448b0011a732.jpg

post-94703-0-58303200-1356023495_thumb.j

Edited by Komso

It is working but you've still got the selection around the rabbit, so it's aligning inside the selection  (Looking @ the screenshot)

Press Ctrl D and try it again ;)

Ok, it worked but I had to uncheck Background Layer first.Thanks! There would be more logic if a plugin knew what to move by selecting a layer. It works this way in PaintShop Pro.

Plugins can only work on the active layer. This is the case for all plugins.

This particular plugin can only work if the object is on an otherwise transparent layer. The plugin needs to be able to find the edges between the object and the transparent pixels.

The reason the plugin did not work for you previously was that you had a selection active which confined the 'alignment' to within the selection.

In future, to align an object (object - group of colored pixels in a transparent layer) ensure there is no selection active then simply click on the layer and run the plugin.

I am new to this forum...I am trying to center an image (348x358) on a canvas size of  (620x348).

I am trying to use this align plug in, but when I click on the center horizontal button, or any button for that matter, absolutely nothing happens...

The first thing I did was open new document (for the lack of a better word), change the canvas size to above.  Then go to Layers, Import from File, Effects, choose Align Object, click on Center (I've tried clicking on "center" and "middle center") nothing happens...

What am I doing wrong...it has got to be me!

Okay never mind, I just read the post prior to mine...that is exactly what I was doing...BUT thank you to all who at least read my post!

How do you install it, which folder do the files go into; Effects or FileTypes?! I put it in Effects. Also once i've installed it, how do i access the buttons?! I've tried unblocking *all* the files individually, but even though they're not blocked, it still doesn't show in my effects drop down menu.

Edited by jod125

It goes into /Effects/  Restart paint.net after you've moved the dll into place.

Once installed you'll find this effect directly in the Effects menu (not in a sub-menu).