Edit EXIF?

I know of a dandy little app called Exifer that can change the Metadata/EXIF of a JPEG or TIFF, but if you want to change the metadata of a PNG file [with the possibility of destroying it], try TweakPNG.

Oh, and another vote for an EXIF plugin here :)

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Is there a way to edit ot delete the EXIF infermation? I am useing Paint.net 3.0

I can't believe no one's said this before, but you need to upgrade to version 3.30 before making any more support requests on this forum. Please see the forum rules for confirmation of this rule.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Ok, good stuff; that's 3.30. Your current version is shown in the title bar. "Untitled (100%) - Paint.NET v3.30" :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has any one come up with a EXIF editer or cleaner for Paint.net yet?
Unfortunately not, no. No plugin has been published, nor, most especially, has anything been published with Paint.NET directly.

What and when plugins are developed has quite a mysterious surrounding, who knows when one will come along. So don't hold your breath for too long in case you're in for the long-haul. As for Paint.NET integration, Rick Brewster has set plans on what is to come and when.

At the moment, he is tackling both the 3.xx series of Paint.NET, the one you're using now, plus that of the v4.00 branch, which he himself has declared to be a complete recode from scratch. Also note that it is essentially only Rick working on this, and he does have a life you know; how else do you think he pays the bills and eats ;).

This is a feature requested before, and no doubt will be in the future, too, so he is aware of this. Have patience, chris122380 :).

As said about the plugins, perhaps one is around the corner. Until then, you have the advice of BoltBait to run with.

EDIT: top of the page, added quote.

• 8 years later...

Wow. Necropost. This thread is nine years old. Time to let it go....