007 Nab's Gallery! (m/d/yy) 10/2/09

007 Nab

Hehe - thanks a lot for the great reply!

I named my fractal pic Domain, because it reminded me of the book and movie Beowulf - where in the monster's layer everything is gold and wispy.

Thanks a lot on the comments for the text pics -- I'm STILL (sorta) working on the WIP, I'm having a hard time achieving my own desired outcome.

I think I'll post an update pretty soon -

Again -- thanks for the comment,

Nab

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Hah - thanks a lot man - I fixed my first thumbnail to the Spacepic, so that you could see it in full blown detail (I think you're going to like it, because of your comment)

I like your sig and avvy combo - they look very cool -welcome to the forums!

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a new work in progress. It's inspired from

this album I found lying around the house.

firstdraftmediumiu9.png

Click for 1280x1024 view (reccomended)

Tips? Hints? Where should I take this - to realisitc, or abstract?

Comments are greatly appreciated.

yeah yeah - I just threw that in - I'll fix the aliasing issues later.

That's the 'feeling' I was trying to achieve. Thanks -

I don't think the 'planet'/whatever fits in too well... I dunno what it needs...

Oh and I slight P.S.:

postagenx2.png

:lol: (sorry to all of you anti-post counters)

EDIT: Grammar fixes

Holy carp! I just realized I have > 500 posts already!

Wow, it happened so fast. :shock:

[/offtopic]

Yeah, the planet does stand out a little ... but I wouldn't know how to fix it, spacescapes aren't my area.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

I would darken it a bit, and put a sort of halo around it so it looks more like it's being backlit. But I dunno, that's just me. :P

congrats to both of you on your 500th post! :D

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

Thanks guys --

Ash - check out the stock reference... The clouds/background is behind the planet... I dunno how they made it look good.

Thanks for the suggestions on the planet guys, I'll see what I can do :)

Well... you know how I am about planets. And it was Sunday, and I had nothing to do... so I did what Expiration does - logged onto PSD Tuts - and

guess what I found?

This image also has very many versions. I am not done with yet, this is my 3rd major edit from the original edit, making a total worktime of about 20 hours. This is definitely the longest time I have ever spent on an image, I usually finish them in one sitting, but this one has carried over for more than 3 days (and is not done yet!)

I know the blue dots don't quite blend yet, I am working on it. I'm also not sure about where I put the text - if that's a good spot or not.

I followed the tutorial lightly, but it uses a lot of features I had to work around in PDN (I think the layer blend modes might blend differently as well), so I ended up basically trying to make my own spin off of the step pics shown.

Hope you guys like it, if you have any suggestions feel free to share them!

anewspace18possiblefinishMedium.png

I like! Personally, I would add more sparkles.

And I would make the light stuff more random (like more on one side than the other).

Love the planets, but I think there should be more ... vivid colors. :)

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Thank you very much! That is what I have been adding recently - more sparcles. The lighting in the photoshop image is really hard to copy - beacuse a lot of it is from the various stock images he uses (I only used PDN). Gaussian blurring only takes you so far...

Thanks for the advice - I'll try to spice up the colors!

Thanks LFC, Here's an updated WIP -

I tilted everything 5 degrees except the background. I also brought out the stars more, and added more noise (maybe too much?).

Oh- and I also desaturated certain parts, and added a slightly blue hue, just to change up the colors.

I know the lighting on the main planbet is slightly off now - doesn't evenly spread thrhoughout the top left, but I plan to widen up a little later.

Let me know what you guys think - are the stars better brighter or like before?

What should I do with the sparks flying vertically in between the planet and moon?

anewspace23possiblefinishMedium.png

Also before, I forget to mention -

the only tools I've used so far have been: clouds, gradients, add noise, Shape 3D, gaussian blur, zoom blur, unfocus, paintbrush tool, text, and a whole bunch of layer blend modes.

Tell me what you guys think!

If you guys open up the last WIP and this one in two tabs side by side, you will be able to see the differences more clearly.

Does it bug you guys I center my WIPs?

I think there could be a few more sparks on the left of the collision, but that's just me. I love the color in it so far. :D

It does not bother me that you center your WIPs :D

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

I was trying to keep it random, like expiration pointed out. But yeah - you're right - I need a bit mroe on the left- it's too unproportional.

Thanks for the comment!

Nab

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

I've seen a lot of space stuff out there that's waaay better than what I've come up with, but I try to keep everything 100% PDN (No renders, stocks, brushes, etc.) - so it's been quite a challenge.

Thanks again for the kind comment.

Yay Saabo modified my name to fit as an adjective: my life is now complete :lol:

Thanks for the comments guys, they really mean a lot. Oh - and welshblue, I'm pretty sure who the "scores of others" are :P

• 3 weeks later...