The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

PaintRoom.jpg

I like it; but you'll probably want to check your perspective and vanishing point. The pictures just don't look quite right.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

d.a …

I appreciate your constructive criticism. As I indicated to Trek earlier, artistically I’m very much the novice. I’m not sure I fully understand what perspective and vanishing point is at least in the context of art. Could you elaborate briefly or point me in the right direction to define these terms?

RTSig004.jpg

PDNUsebar001.jpg

"Rule 9) Be courteous to others. Constructive criticism is generally welcome and encouraged. Starting fights and being rude is not."

Constructive criticism does not include abuse.

Tact \tâkt\ n

Acute sensitivity to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others, including the ability to speak or act without offending.

d.a …

I appreciate your constructive criticism. As I indicated to Trek earlier, artistically I’m very much the novice. I’m not sure I fully understand what perspective and vanishing point is at least in the context of art. Could you elaborate briefly or point me in the right direction to define these terms?

Sure!

Perspective.

Vanishing point.

The general idea is that, in a three-dimensional view of a scene or object, lines that are parallel with one another will actually converge as they get further from you. Take the frame on the right of your picture, for example: Lines extending from the top and bottom of its frame, going to the left, converge somewhere off the picture on the left, and just slightly above the line that separates the floor from the wall. That's fine, but the vanishing point for the picture on the left should be level with that, since in a three-dimensional view, your eyes are at the same level. Lines extending from the top and bottom of the picture on the left, going to the right, intersect further away then that - and the lines extending from the tiles on the floor intersect miles away, making the gallery seem as if its floor is sloped like Everest. :-)

It doesn't have to be perfect, of course. It's just good to give an approximation. :-)

Oh, and the third leg of the easel isn't extended (further back than the other two).

Hope this helps.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Ahhh yes d.a ...

Now that I've visualized the image in my mind with an adjusted "perspective", I understand your observations. You are quite right. I see there is much more to learn than I anticipated. The information you have provided is priceless. I can not thank you enough. I shall be more observant in future endeavors. In the mean time ... I'll just refer to the image in question as let's say... semi-abstract. I shall return! :D

RTSig004.jpg

PDNUsebar001.jpg

"Rule 9) Be courteous to others. Constructive criticism is generally welcome and encouraged. Starting fights and being rude is not."

Constructive criticism does not include abuse.

Tact \tâkt\ n

Acute sensitivity to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others, including the ability to speak or act without offending.

it reminded me of a coat one of the kids had when I was in school.

hope you don't mind I used your pattern. "Jacob's poor patched coat"

jacobspoorpatchedcoat.png

:wink:

I don't mind. Its pretty cool too. :)

did you notice all three patterns are your pattern in variations.

background just as you made, middle patch is a seamlesstexture distort mirror setting and the third button just an enlargement zoom in in layers rotate.

and a swift color change

:lol:

like the pattern. Many possibilities and I just have begun to explore it.

And feather, please :-)

heh, sorry but it has more than six colors, i used to be addicted to those things, i could of solved the 3x3x3, 4x4x4, and the 5x5x5

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

ya six sides white, blue, red, yellow, orange, green :mrgreen:

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

i agree with the hampster, you know i love your sig

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix