Sign in to follow this  
aatwo

The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

@Rolling treasures how much time did that take? It looks awwsome. @Verdewd, did i inspire you :D ? That is beautiful.

@Olav Nice.

Made one polar thing.

somethingnewcp5.png

Trek ..

I'm pleased you like the image .... Can't really say how long it took ... not a whole lot of time .. it's actually a conbination of 3 different images I've made over the past 4 months or so. Just did some pasting and rotating. I owe much thanks to many of the memebers here at PDN. Before accquiring PDN I could barely draw a straight line. The many techniques and effects members share are slowly turning me artistic. I have much fun! Looking forward to posting other creations in the future. Thank you for your praise!

PaintRoom.jpg

I like it; but you'll probably want to check your perspective and vanishing point. The pictures just don't look quite right.

it reminded me of a coat one of the kids had when I was in school.

hope you don't mind I used your pattern. "Jacob's poor patched coat"

jacobspoorpatchedcoat.png

:wink:

I don't mind. Its pretty cool too. :)

d.a …

I appreciate your constructive criticism. As I indicated to Trek earlier, artistically I’m very much the novice. I’m not sure I fully understand what perspective and vanishing point is at least in the context of art. Could you elaborate briefly or point me in the right direction to define these terms?

d.a …

I appreciate your constructive criticism. As I indicated to Trek earlier, artistically I’m very much the novice. I’m not sure I fully understand what perspective and vanishing point is at least in the context of art. Could you elaborate briefly or point me in the right direction to define these terms?

Sure!

Perspective.

Vanishing point.

The general idea is that, in a three-dimensional view of a scene or object, lines that are parallel with one another will actually converge as they get further from you. Take the frame on the right of your picture, for example: Lines extending from the top and bottom of its frame, going to the left, converge somewhere off the picture on the left, and just slightly above the line that separates the floor from the wall. That's fine, but the vanishing point for the picture on the left should be level with that, since in a three-dimensional view, your eyes are at the same level. Lines extending from the top and bottom of the picture on the left, going to the right, intersect further away then that - and the lines extending from the tiles on the floor intersect miles away, making the gallery seem as if its floor is sloped like Everest. :-)

It doesn't have to be perfect, of course. It's just good to give an approximation. :-)

Oh, and the third leg of the easel isn't extended (further back than the other two).

Hope this helps.

Ahhh yes d.a ...

Now that I've visualized the image in my mind with an adjusted "perspective", I understand your observations. You are quite right. I see there is much more to learn than I anticipated. The information you have provided is priceless. I can not thank you enough. I shall be more observant in future endeavors. In the mean time ... I'll just refer to the image in question as let's say... semi-abstract. I shall return! :D

it reminded me of a coat one of the kids had when I was in school.

hope you don't mind I used your pattern. "Jacob's poor patched coat"

jacobspoorpatchedcoat.png

:wink:

I don't mind. Its pretty cool too. :)

did you notice all three patterns are your pattern in variations.

background just as you made, middle patch is a seamlesstexture distort mirror setting and the third button just an enlargement zoom in in layers rotate.

and a swift color change

:lol:

like the pattern. Many possibilities and I just have begun to explore it.

Playing around with my tablet...

819j9jp.png

Notice that my hair resembles that of a tall weed.... :P

love it! :wink: new learning curve?