How to Install Plugins ×

The tut is right there in the image!

Good job olav :)

I saw that, but a step by step would be nice 'cause I still don't know how to use curves.

Just try it out, play around with the settings and you might find something fun. :)

The oval and round shape and the text all using the above method.

Testing_with_Curves__by_0_ASH_0.jpg

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

I love this plug-in pyro! :mrgreen:

I found this little method of creating "melting text" or something, and since I haven't got anything better to do; here's a pic overlooking the steps creating the effect.

Curves.png

:cry:

a secret found out, :cry: Nooooooo! You may as well know that using drop shadows as a gradient woks too :cry: and when mixed with blur and curves can produce some interesting metal textures. (pouts and walks away...." it was only a matter of time")

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

Thanks all :)

I guess i can make a tut explaining the steps a bit better. :D

:cry:

a secret found out, :cry: Nooooooo! You may as well know that using drop shadows as a gradient woks too :cry: and when mixed with blur and curves can produce some interesting metal textures. (pouts and walks away...." it was only a matter of time")

I haven't tried any of the methods you have suggested, as I just recently picked this up.

I have however actually been wondering whether you're using alpha curves for your metal and chrome effects. :P

edit:

Made the tutorial:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21239&p=113589#p113589

dragonseyesig.png

• 1 month later...
Hello, I usually dont ask for much when it comes to plugins, but lately I have been reading a lot about color variation, and I am simply asking for CcMmYK support in Curves+. It is not a "must have" but simply a want.

Correct me if I'm wrong, my understanding is that CcMmYK simply a version of CMYK that incorporates lighter inks so as not to have to use the dark ones for light colors and have to half-tone it? And that it's pretty much just used for printing, not within graphics programs?

In which case, CMYK mode in Curves+ can easily manipulate the c and m channels just by manipulating the lower portions of the C and M curves.

I think.

Heh.

But for the next version, there will be at least one new Color-space in Curves+...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

:oops: Sorry for the misconception. When I refered to CcMmYK, I wasnt refering to the printing process, merely the color control. If Curves+ could change dark cyan and light cyan, along with dark magenta and light magenta instead of just CMYK, it would allow more precision over the color of the image you are working on. For instance, bringing out the darker magenta and cyan in an image, instead of the color itself, could allow for more possibilities with image editing. (plus we would have something that as far as I know photoshop doesnt :) )

signature.png

I have a copy, but it's of an incomplete new version. VERY incomplete.

Now I'm excited, I wonder, what this new release will have! Like Shape3D, this plugin in my opinion seems complete apart from the odd bugs but anyway goodluck pyro!

this plugin in my opinion seems complete apart from the odd bugs

What odd bugs?

Obviously he's talking about all of the PEBCAK issues. :wink:

Ahhh, but of course. Of all my plugins, I'm fairly certain that Curves+ is my least buggy one. And ScriptLab is on the other end of that spectrum...

xZYt6wl.png

Interesting plugin! I have not played with curves so much yet (rather with levels), but it apears very slight mouse movements on an anchor point make big differences. I have another program (a picture style editor for Canon cameras) that allows the arrow keys to be used, which I have found convenient for making fine stepwise adjustments. It would be good if the plugin (or Paint.NET Curves in general) could do this. Not a deal breaker though, as I do most of my edits with other tools.

Oscar

Weather & Photography:

http://www.lightningwizard.com

Interesting plugin! I have not played with curves so much yet (rather with levels), but it apears very slight mouse movements on an anchor point make big differences. I have another program (a picture style editor for Canon cameras) that allows the arrow keys to be used, which I have found convenient for making fine stepwise adjustments. It would be good if the plugin (or Paint.NET Curves in general) could do this. Not a deal breaker though, as I do most of my edits with other tools.

Oscar

I'll think about adding keyboard support for the next version :D

In the meantime, don't forget that increasing the size of the window will give you greater precision as well.

EDIT: T.O.P., so added quote

EDIT: greater, not grater...

xZYt6wl.png