How to Install Plugins ×

Curves+

pyrochild

link seems to be working fine right now. hurry before it dies again!

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

...it died again. Changed to a new host. If this one dies, I'm just gonna give up.

xZYt6wl.png

pyrochild, would you mind giving me the source code? I'm interested in how the plugin works.

Rainbow%20Space%20Sig.png

The God of Judgement is not pleased...

pyrochild, would you mind giving me the source code? I'm interested in how the plugin works.

Rainbow%20Space%20Sig.png

The God of Judgement is not pleased...

Features to come (eventually): CMYK, Alpha(Luminosity), dynamic histograms, Alpha(CMYK)

Feature request: Saturation Curve

Hi,

First, I have to say that Curves+ a wonderful plugin already, featuring many possible uses!

I just got an idea that could most easily fit into this plugin, and I have no coding skill to test the concept myself.

The concept is to implement a saturation transfer map, with axises scaling from 0, 0 (% of saturation) to 100, 100 (% of saturation).

By changing the curve, pixel's saturation would be transferred from initial saturation (%) to destinated saturation (%).

The only obstacle will probably be 0% saturated input pixels (pure black/grey/white), which cannot be lifted anywhere. But I think it can be worked around with a simple condition line in code, something like: IF(input<0.01% THEN do nothing, ELSE follow curve).

In my vision this plugin could be used for editing photos, for example lifting the color of dull landscape, while maintaining already-good color of blue sky.

I know that this kind of effect can be achieved with some other plugins around, but handy Curves+ would be my tool of choice any time!

Possibly I missed some nuances but basically, what do you think?

Here is a sketch of possible UI:

saturation_curve.gif

Features to come (eventually): CMYK, Alpha(Luminosity), dynamic histograms, Alpha(CMYK)

Hi,

First, I have to say that Curves+ a wonderful plugin already, featuring many possible uses!

I just got an idea that could most easily fit into this plugin, and I have no coding skill to test the concept myself.

The concept is to implement a saturation transfer map, with axises scaling from 0, 0 (% of saturation) to 100, 100 (% of saturation).

By changing the curve, pixel's saturation would be transferred from initial saturation (%) to destinated saturation (%).

The only obstacle will probably be 0% saturated input pixels (pure black/grey/white), which cannot be lifted anywhere. But I think it can be worked around with a simple condition line in code, something like: IF(input<0.01% THEN do nothing, ELSE follow curve).

In my vision this plugin could be used for editing photos, for example lifting the color of dull landscape, while maintaining already-good color of blue sky.

I know that this kind of effect can be achieved with some other plugins around, but handy Curves+ would be my tool of choice any time!

Possibly I missed some nuances but basically, what do you think?

Here is a sketch of possible UI:

saturation_curve.gif

I'll publish the source with the next release. Rick will frown. :roll:

I'll see what I can do. Man oh man, this next version is going to be big...

xZYt6wl.png

I'll publish the source with the next release. Rick will frown. :roll:

I'll see what I can do. Man oh man, this next version is going to be big...

xZYt6wl.png

Is it possible to make it so that you can select more than one curve-thing (if you make the sat. curve)?

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Is it possible to make it so that you can select more than one curve-thing (if you make the sat. curve)?

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

I'm not sure what you mean, Honda.

xZYt6wl.png

I'm not sure what you mean, Honda.

xZYt6wl.png

• 2 weeks later...

New version released today: includes CMYK, HSV, an Advanced curve that allows you to choose input and output channels, Saving and loading curves to files, dynamic histograms, and the ability to choose between smooth and straight curves.

See the first post for details and download. Enjoy!

xZYt6wl.png

Tips and jelly-beans always appreciated :wink:

xZYt6wl.png

Not sure whether this has been mentioned yet but this should be included in PDN on future releases. As Ash said this replaces many functions/plugins already available and rolls it up into a neat package therefore saving space in menus.

I'll vouch for it to be included.

EDIT: also isn't that complicated as the already-present RGB and luminosity are still there fighting fit and simple as they are now, so to beginners it still holds that air simplicity and shallow learning curve.

I don't suppose it would be possible to be able to have Linear curves on one curve & curved curves, on another at the same time? :)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

This is amazing pyro, very, very well thought out :wink:

For those who write tutorials this will also help greatly, just upload it to a file hosting site and bam, they have the exact curve settings you intended them to have.

This is just plain professional.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Again, you did a outstanding job!!
This is amazing pyro, very, very well thought out :wink:

This is just plain professional.

Not sure whether this has been mentioned yet but this should be included in PDN on future releases. ...

I'll vouch for it to be included.

This must be one of the best plugins ever made for PdN.

:D

For those who write tutorials this will also help greatly, just upload it to a file hosting site and bam, they have the exact curve settings you intended them to have.

My thoughts exactly.

I don't suppose it would be possible to be able to have Linear curves on one curve & curved curves, on another at the same time? :)

"curved curves" lol. You have no idea how long I spent last night trying to think of a better way to say that... Anyways yes I think it should be possible, the problem is I don't see a way of implementing that without making a major departure from Paint.NET's included Curves UI, something I fought very hard against the entire time I was designing this version. I would like to keep the GUI as similar as possible to eliminate the learning Curve (pun fully intended :D )

If anyone would like to lend their thoughts on this, or even just post a mock-up screenshot, please do.

Also, does anyone have a problem with the word "Yellow" being yellow? Should I make the checkboxes black again?

xZYt6wl.png

The word yellow is quite hard to see.

All I know is .cfc is called a cold fusion file, but what is it? I've never encountered a .cfc file before :oops:

offtopic>

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]