How to Install Plugins ×

Curves+

pyrochild

Because it is an apparent Internet Explorer issue with an .XML. I had a problem happen like this a week or so ago, and so I just saved to a different directory and ran PdN with admin power. Not sure if any of that helped, but I was able to open.

signature.png

Internet Explorer is preventing PaintDotNet.exe from saving a .XML file to My Documents? How does IE enter into that equation at all?

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

*Which I figured out why it did that btw!

And that would be?

xZYt6wl.png

Does it matter? It was my fault, and had nothing to do with Paint.NET. It was me adding plugins during the install or something like that. Vista thought something was threatening my install and kicked UAC on from what I was told.

signature.png

Why am I "Mike" in quotation marks?

We were talking about inernet security and how it might affect your saving and loading issues and then got a little off the beaten track and discussed my UAC issue I was having a week ago.

signature.png

Oma usually puts usernames in "quotes" or CAPS to denote that she's talking about someone on here.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Maybe she doesn't think any of us use our real names on here :D

But really, my birth certificate says "Pyro"

xZYt6wl.png

Alright oma, I've made a special build of Curves+ just for you. It's version 0.2.5. (I just stuck a 0 in front :roll: )

If there's an error saving a curve, it will pop up a big, detailed message about why. Just take a screenshot and post it in here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kegx14extnv

xZYt6wl.png

MMkay, I kind of know what's wrong...

A little more investigation, then I'll get a fix out.

xZYt6wl.png

Fix has been posted. I think it was freaking out because the version number on the pyrochild.effects.common.dll was not exactly the same as the one it was looking for...

xZYt6wl.png

• 8 months later...

Woah, cool bug:

cpbug.jpg

Happens when you drag the window off-screen and back on again.

xZYt6wl.png

Could you change the way how control settings are handled: so that the curve(s) and check box states would NOT be stored for next use when I click Cancel? If you wonder what I mean then: open curves+, make some sort of curves, click cancel; then open again - curves are changed although I didn't accept it last time. It's quite annoying.

I truly and honestly don't know what you are talking about.

A) That sort of thing is handled by Paint.NET, not individual plugins (unless they're not written correctly)

B) I never changed anything regarding setting persistence when I modified the original Curves effect source code. Any odd behavior in that department in Curves+ will be in Curves as well. Which it isn't.

C) It definitely does not save it on my computer when I click Cancel. Can't reproduce this at all.

Are you sure it hasn't been saved from a previous click of OK? Remember that if you click OK once, those settings will be the default every time after until you either restart Paint.NET or click OK again with different settings. You can click Cancel a million times, and the defaults will always be whatever it was set to when you last clicked OK.

xZYt6wl.png

This is correct that original Curves behaves identically. But knowing how busy Rick is, I hoped you could fix it faster.

Here is repro steps:

The real-life situation is that I'm processing several images one after another and sometimes want to try same settings for different images, with little fine-tuning.

1. Say I made following curve suitable for my pic1:

curves1.png

Clicked OK.

2. Now I want to try the same curve on my pic2. Open Curves+:

curves2.png

Notice that check boxes are already changed, though that's not my main complaint.

3. With Curves+ still open, I want to fine-tune the previous curves because result didn't look that good. Let's bend the Red curve downwards.

curves3.png

My image still looks bad, so I click Cancel (in order to restart Curves+, with "good" settings from pic1).

4. Open Curves+ again. Although I clicked Cancel in step 3 after modifying red curve, it still returns my "screwed up" curves! :x

curves4.png

Note (to make it more confusing): If I click Reset before fine-tuning (step 3) then the further settings are not saved when followed by Cancel and step 4 really returns the curve I made @ step1 - as it always should. But I don't want to click Reset before fine-tuning previous "good" curve.

Ohhh I see what you're saying now. I'll look into it. Probably tonight.

xZYt6wl.png

Fixed for next release. Should be tomorrow.

(The checkboxes not being remembered as well.)

xZYt6wl.png

Fixed for next release. Should be tomorrow.

(The checkboxes not being remembered as well.)

That was really quick update, but will you share us the goodies too? :wink:

Sorry. School started again. Swamped. Already!

I'll try to post it tomorrow, but if I don't get to it ( I do have a social life as well ;) ), it will definitely be on Saturday.

xZYt6wl.png