CustomBrushesMini v2.2

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully fixed crashes Rick was experiencing.

Sorry to trouble you, I've just updated CBM to the latest version and tried running it and have experienced the same problem. I have a print screen [Attachment] of the reason and options it comes up with. This happens every time I try to run it.

Heres the error log it also comes up with when you press Error Details:

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CustomBrushesMini.dll

Effect Name: CustomBrushesMini.CustomBrushesMiniEffect

Full error message: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void SBCommon.ToolStripNumericUpDown.SetPresets(System.Decimal[])'.

at CustomBrushesMini.Controls.CBToolbar..ctor()

at CustomBrushesMini.CBDraw..ctor()

at CustomBrushesMini.CustomBrushesMiniEffect.CreateConfigDialog()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 708

Sorry if this has already been mentioned in another post, and I hope this helps you, as it has confused me. The only reason I could come up with is that I haven't got the latest SBCommon file.

Thank you

~Kututo

Edit: I downloaded it on 27th December 09 at 4pm

30899_1200eeffadeb7e4ef3f02046b1981fc3

KututoBanner-2.png?t=1258196235

I'm working on a new signature...

It doesn't. It'll read any brush in a format you have a FileType for, so theoretically I (or someone else) could create an ABR filetype. But ABR files can contain multiple brushes and the Paint.NET FileType system only supports opening one.

When I have the time to add ABR support, i'll ask Rick if it's kosher to have FileTypes also implement a private interface that only CBM can detect and would use to extract the brushes. I will then create a GPL'd ABR FileType that would let the user choose a brush in PDN (or open the first) and open all of them in CBM.

KaHuc.png
  • 3 months later...

Could someone give me a nudge here...

I am using Paint.NET v3.5.5 (Beta Release build 3.55.3742.31372)

I have downloaded the custom brushes

Plus quite a few brushes from Share custom brushes

can't get the brushes working :(

Thanks in advance

EDIT: BTW I do not have Effects -> Tools-> CustomBrushesMini in my PDN

EDIT: Under View Plug in load errors I have

5 of 15

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CustomBrushes.dll

Effect Name: CustomBrushes.EffectPlugin

Full error message: This plugin is known to cause stability problems.

martelshiney300-1.pngbleeping12.png

HI,

I got custom brush working good, but I would like to know if there is a way I can see the other layers as well as the layer I am custom brushing on??

I am using custom brush to help paste trees on a map I am creating, so its on the tree layer but I cannot see the ground layer to know where I am pasting the trees ?

maybe there is a way to see the other layers as well ?

Yes, there is a way. Go to the layer that you want to see whilst using Custom Brushes (i.e. you want to see Layer 1 when drawing, go to Layer 1). Draw to your liking and click OK. Click Undo (Ctrl-Z), make a new layer, and click Ctrl-F. There you go.

• 2 weeks later...

nice plugin, could be cool to have like a Tool (as in photoshop) but i dont think Rick would allow that.. tho thumbs up 5/6 stars:)..

and heres what i've done with it! (credits goes to JS grunge pack downloaded from Deaviantart.com...)

grungebrush.png

• 4 weeks later...

i have this error message...

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CustomBrushesMini.dll

Effect Name: CustomBrushesMini.CustomBrushesMiniEffect

Full error message: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.IServiceProvider PaintDotNet.Effects.Effect.get_Services()'.

at CustomBrushesMini.CustomBrushesMiniEffect.CreateConfigDialog()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)

Archived