How to Install Plugins ×

CustomBrushesMini v2.2

Simon Brown

That bug is fixed in v1.7.

What the...? I thought I already had 1.7, when I started it, it said "Another version is available. Do you want to download it?"

And I clicked OK, so I thought Custom Brushes Mini updated itself.

How embarrassing :( I'm sorry. Nevertheless, I have another question: Is it possible to delete brushes from my list? And how to add categories?

BTW, here are some bugs I found in the new version:

Undo sometiems does no work, nothing is deleted.

Also, when you manually edit the size of the brush and press enter, Custom Brushes Mini closes and the work up so far is printed on the picture. That quite annoying because if you change the size, the first brush you do is in the last size and the second and following brushes aere bigger/smaller.

Undo sometiems does no work, nothing is deleted.
if you change the size, the first brush you do is in the last size and the second and following brushes aere bigger/smaller.

Can't repro.

Also, when you manually edit the size of the brush and press enter, Custom Brushes Mini closes and the work up so far is printed on the picture. That quite annoying because

The intended behaviour is that you don't have to press enter (see above).

KaHuc.png

if you change the size, the first brush you do is in the last size and the second and following brushes aere bigger/smaller.

Can't repro.

Actually, after looking at it again, I can. The only reason I couldn't see it was because I generally only use the up/down buttons. I'll look into it.

KaHuc.png

Ah, I see. To work around it, just give the focus to another control after changing the size. When I have a good enough excuse to release a new version, i'll stop it trapping the "enter" key. I've also managed to fix the problem with changing brush mode, which, at least, affects me.

KaHuc.png

• 5 weeks later...

1 of 7

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\pyrochild.effects.common.dll

Effect Name: PaintDotNet.UserControl2

Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.UserControl2' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Core, Version=3.50.3596.41599, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

2 of 7

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\pyrochild.effects.common.dll

Effect Name: PaintDotNet.SurfaceBoxGraphicsRenderer

Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.SurfaceBoxGraphicsRenderer' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Core, Version=3.50.3596.41599, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

3 of 7

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\CustomBrushes.dll

Effect Name: CustomBrushes.EffectPlugin

Full error message: This plugin is known to cause stability problems.

4 of 7

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\EdHarvey.Effects.dll

Name: EdHarvey.Edfects.Effects.DentsWarpPlusEffect

Version: 3.36.3160.38013

Author: Ed Harvey

Copyright: Copyright © 2006-2008, Ed Harvey

Full error message: This plugin is now built-in to Paint.NET.

5 of 7

--------------

Name: EdHarvey.Edfects.Effects.SurfaceBlurEffect

6 of 7

--------------

Name: EdHarvey.Edfects.Effects.CrystalizeEffect

7 of 7

--------------

Effect Name: EdHarvey.Edfects.Effects.LensBlurEffect

:(

Toinkzy08.png

You need to unzip them into the Paint.NET directory, so that the folders will be merged - or just unzip somewhere else and copy the contents of the Effects subfolder into Paint.NET's.

KaHuc.png

• 2 weeks later...

i like this makes brushes a breeze to use but..

the unto button does not work for all the time... well most of the time i only get one undo so after i mess up i have to push undo after every mistake. and not just that sometimes the undo button has no effect.. i have to push the reset button and start my work over.

did i install wrong?

Hey,

I've tried to download this plug in multiple times. For some reason, I have like 2 'effects' sub folders, but I've extracted the .dll for the mini brushes to all of them. But for some reason they won't show up. It's like it never downloaded. =\

Hope you can help me, this looks like this plug in would help me loads for my signature making.

Brushesahoysignatureepiconeto.png

Make sure the plugin is placed directly in Paint.NET\Effects. It has such folders in the ZIP because it's designed to be extracted into the Paint.NET folder itself.

KaHuc.png

Maybe I can help.....I had the same problem, and I truly loved my custom brushes :D I updated, and the first thing I went to use was my custom brushes mini, and couldn't find it. I tried everything, including re-downloading, to get it to work, and NOTHING!!!!. I had it all installed in the correct folder, and couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong, so I came here to search for an answer. I saw a reference to an install folder, but couldn't find it. For some reason, I ended up with a second Paint.Net folder, with Paint.Net 3.36 .exe and a couple of other files in it. The exe file for the custom brushes was in there....dragged and dropped, hit the .exe once it was in the "good" Paint.Net folder, and now I have my custom brushes back! I hope this helps others who may have the same problem...

By the way, this truly is a great plug-in :D

I extracted the zip file into the paint.net file, the program comes up and lets me doodle on the Custom Brush Mini screen but nothing shows up on my paint.net screen and also it won't let me change colors in the Custom Brush Mini screen either

The brush I was using is a photoshop brush I converted from .abr to png. using abrviewer

I have version 3.5.1 of paint.net