Plugin scrolling question

I have searched the forums for this answer but have not found it. Sorry if I missed it somehow.

I was wondering if it is possible now or in the future to make the plugin drop down lists scrollable with the mouse wheel instead of the tiny arrow at the bottom?

In a couple plugin categories I have more plugins than height allows so I have to use the little arrow and miss half the time causing me to have to undo an unwanted action. Until recently adding some more plugins to the Distort category the Thermal Heat Map was at the bottom and I kept accidentally hitting that instead which caused some freeze up problems at times with large images.  It would be so easy to be able to scroll simply by rolling the scroll wheel on the mouse seeing as I use the mouse for most everything.

I know I could move some of the plugins into a folder so as to shrink down the drop down list but I never know for sure which plugin will work best for what I am doing or what I may want to try.  

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

There is a way - Open the effects menu and position your cursor on the sub menu so it opens the list of plug ins in there, then use your up down arrows on your keyboard to select the effect you want, then press enter on your keyboard

Edit - When I say sub menu I mean something like Effects > Photo or Effects > Object etc...

Edited by DrewDale
  • Upvote 2

BREtKQW.png

Thanks Drew but keyboards mess me up even more,lol.  By using the mouse with my right hand that leaves my left hand for the keyboard. Lefty can't spell or hit the right keys all the time,lol.   ;)

Oh and nice sig.   :)

Edited by skullbonz
  • Upvote 1

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Recommend you delete Thermal Heat Map.  It's awful.  I know - I wrote it :(

Thermal Heat Map melts your brain because it's so slow.

ego,

code wrapper below may speed up render. it bypasses preview. Obviously it's for codelab so adjust for vs.

#region UICode 
bool Amount1 = true; // [0,1] 
#endregion 

void Render(Surface dst, Surface src, Rectangle rect)
 {
     if (Amount1){
          // next two lines are necessary if you are using system graphics. 
          Rectangle sel = EnvironmentParameters.GetSelection(src.Bounds).GetBoundsInt(); 
          dst.CopySurface(src, sel.Location,sel); 
         //========================= 
          Amount1=false; 
          try {

//your code goes here

}catch(Exception e){} 

}else{ 
      //======= next code is a keep alive for dialog box 
     //so users know its working. 
            ColorBgra CP=dst[0,0];
            dst[0,0]=CP; 
     }
 }

Edited by TechnoRobbo

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

Thanks TechnoRobbo - I think my code is significantly more flawed than that.  I create a GDI brush for each pixel and other foolish things....

But we're off-topic...

There is a way - Open the effects menu and position your cursor on the sub menu so it opens the list of plug ins in there, then use your up down arrows on your keyboard to select the effect you want, then press enter on your keyboard

Edit - When I say sub menu I mean something like Effects > Photo or Effects > Object etc...

I also use this method. I find it a good work around :)

Y7O8WRy.png

Alt[C,R] then Enter or Right Arrow opens the Render submenu.  The up/down arrows will highlight the entries within the submenu.

There are key combinations like this for all the menus.