WHY!? WHY?! (default inches in fixed size selection)

I always forget about it and my rage level rises by a small tiny notch every time I want to use the fixed size selection and realize that I have to enter the dimensions again.

Why would anyone thought it would be good idea to have inches be a default units in there?

I am not saying that that person should be severely physically and psychically punished, but if theres ever an emergency situation...  last to board the life-boat, last getting the antidode and definitely the first to go investigate those strange noises outside after dark, alone.

jL6P1itmh7pQh.jpg

I always forget about it and my rage level rises by a small tiny notch every time I want to use the fixed size selection and realize that I have to enter the dimensions again.

Paint.NET remembers the size and units within any given session (i.e. while it remains open).  When you close it it defaults back to inches.  It has to default to something.  You can bet your bottom dollar someone else will want to default to pixels, centimetres, cubits or Elvish Conuncles.

I knew there was a way to change the default settings for tools, but until just now I hadn't thought to change the default unit on the fixed selection...

About time I did that. Thanks pyro!

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

It can be changed permanently, EER.

See?  I don't know everything.  Thanks to Pryochild I've learnt something new today!