Ruler Question

Is there a new plugin or anything available to allow selecting a ruler measurement in feet with Paint.Net?

Or anything in the works yet? All I see is pixels, inches, or cenimenters. Maybe a free third party overlay or something. Appreciate In Advance

Thanks

feet!? that's one heck of a large picture you're making o.o

No, I don't think the ruler will ever be in feet (don't quote me on it)

Reason being, all you really need is a ruler in pixels, one in metric, and one in...that other thing (with the inches and all that). Every other unit can be obtained via conversion.

PS Don't even talk to me about lightyears >.>

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Red ochre's suggestion is a decent work around. Basically it's a cheat so that Paint.NET thinks it's working with inches, but you know it's really reporting feet. Then when you're done you reset the resolution.

So an equivalent to the default of 96 DPI in order to fake it out and show feet would be 1152 DPI.

Multiply the DPI ("Resolution") by 12 to get "fake feet", and then divide by 12 to get back to "real inches" before you save your final edits.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Cubits?? (I'm drawing an Ark...) :lol:

Cubits were not a standardized unit of measurement. How long a cubit was depended on the arm length of the person measuring the length... :P

Red ochre, you are a genius. I'll have to try that, now, just because it's such a brilliant solution

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo