MadJik

Water Reflection (ymd:100725)

Effects > Distort > Water...

Wow, I must have missed the update :P

Now it's in the right place. :D

OK im new to PDN I have finally after 3 weeks figured out where the water plugin was lol. Anyway im havein a problem figureing it out...when I do the effect I either get the checkerd backround or you can see the whole picture through the water effect...like the rest of my daughters legs...im not really sure how to do this so can some one go into detail like step by step directions for me I would greatly appriciate it!!

Jess

ok your first layer has to be a gradient :GradientTool: black at the top and then make it white at the bottom...

and then create your other layer with the picture and then do the effect.

im pretty sure that is how you do it...try and then get back and tell me your results

Dude you completly rock!! thank you so much it worked yayay I would post what I did but I dont know how lol imagine that lol

Thank you so much

Jess

Dude you completly rock!! thank you so much it worked yayay I would post what I did but I dont know how lol imagine that lol

Thank you so much

Jess

no problem...

save the image to your computer and go to imageshack.us and up load it there[/img]

I know that I'm a complete idiot, and a complete noob :lol: , but for some reason I can't download it. :( could someone pls help me with this?

Nevermind, I figured it out :D Thanks for your help anyway :roll::lol:

EDIT: Now that I finally got it working......WOW! That's amazing. :D Unfortunately I could only create something basic with it (being the newb I am :wink: )but it's a great effect!

untitledcompletednondr1.jpg[/url]

I just reposted this in troubleshooting and don't know how to delete this post,sorry.I downloaded the plug-in and put it in the effects folder and unblocked it.

I still can't find the effect in p.net. :(

All I have in effects>Distort is: -bulge,polar inversion,tile reflection and twist.

That's where the 'water' should be right?

I downloaded the 'portrait-effect' and everything went ok.

So what am I doing wrong with this one?

Could anyone please be so kind and help me? Consider I'm really new to this. :?

ETA: I just checked in the effects folder and under Type it says ZIP File instead of 'Application extension'.

I read about having to extract, but how do I do that? When I had it on my desktop and rightclicked it there was no 'extract',only 'open'...

I also want to mention I have 'Windows Vista'.Maybe that makes a difference.