Advancedish Planet - V2

Mr.Bobert

I love this tutorial! The planets are outstanding! Here are two that I made, my first and one experimenting with adding craters.

cratered.png

planetpt2.png

Edited by nightcrafter27

• 3 weeks later...

great tut...

but lappy is slowing down after some (or too many) layers...

and at last i finished one...

but without the nebulae stuff...

my lappy hanged twice...

dunno why but at least i didnt forget to save my work...

well here it is...

=^_^=

th_planettutv2ver2.jpg

siggyokazakishin1.png

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful! It's great to know that there's such good tutorials out there! (This is my first post/reply ever and I wanted it to be on a great tutorial ;) )

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing tutorial, thanks a lot :) I never knew dents could be so helpful! I didn't try the city part, but might well the next time I have a go at making a planet. Would be awesome if you did some more tutorials, particularly planet textures if you ever have the time. :P
My result after messing around a bit, going to leave it as my wallpaper for a while. ;)

(some day I'll figure out how to put in thumbnails...) 

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/Trekker47/spacefire_zps7de70387.png?t=1367833586

Edited by Trekker47

pdnsig_zpsd2501894.png

"It's funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating." - Jack Handey

• 3 weeks later...

I just had a run through this tutorial today but anyways, I decided not to go technical and applied my own techniques at the later parts. I'm also very new to this forum as I've recently just getting used to Paint.NET. All hail to the Clouds and Dents effects..

Its my first try on this one. But its not bad for a beginner right?

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp80/Billthebad/PlanetandMoon.png?t=1369403093

Edited by Ishi

You know, I had a lot of interest in planets when I was in highschool. This  could be my chance to finally create my artist impressions of extrasolar worlds that exist beyond the realm of our solar system. I have yet to master the manipulation of Clouds and Dents I gotta get that rotate layer plugin to make those rings..

I gotta get that rotate layer plugin to make those rings..

It's built into paint.net (in the Layer menu, or use the hotkey ctrl+shift+z)

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

It's built into paint.net (in the Layer menu, or use the hotkey ctrl+shift+z)

Thanks. I found out about it and now my planet has a ring. I don't like using Radial Blur so I manually created 2 grayish rings on one layer, centered 2 of them together and used Guassian Blur then rotated them to an angle.

• 3 months later...

Nice tut. I made this last year as my first project. It got deleted when I got a new computer, but out of sheer luck, I came back here only to find that on my gallery my Photobucket link was there. So I found it.

[/url]">http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b628/CheezBurger1337/Planet_Earth-TheBestofCHELSEASOCCER.png]th_Planet_Earth-TheBestofCHELSEASOCCER.p[/url]

[Hope the link works.]  >:O

Cheezburger_Siggy.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm not going to unpin this topic, but be aware that Gaussian Blur Plus (a 'recommended' plugin for this tutorial) is going to be incompatible with Paint.NET v4.0.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I'm going off of EER's list.  I'm just noticing you posted the same thing there, too...Well, this may need further investigation.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Tis a preliminary list. Subject to change. I may need to simply update my version of GB+.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes I think the second one is best, although I think you could drop the rings. They just don`t look right and draw your attention away from the excellent planet. Good job though. :)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Removed dead PB image links (the full tutorial is still available as a PDF).

• Ego Eram Reputo featured this topic