Firey Text

Tom Jackson

@ DeadEye

Try doing some of the easier tut's first. Get used the difference of duplicates and layers, and what the layer properties will/can do. I know its hard in the beginning, especially if you've had no prior knowlage of such programs before this. But you will notice that its easy to learn how to do things once you start out on it... just dont give up at you first tries :wink:

Juds_Fire_sig.png

100% PDN

Well, you were right, I tried again a bit later, and here's what I got :

thefirsttoworkwz3.th.jpg

Kinda weak compared to what I've seen here...but I like it. :D

However, when I tried again, when I got to the flattening part, I couldn't see the text because of the clouds! Why?

Not sure what I did wrong but eh....

the whole canvas was covered in flames rather than my text.

what did I do?

I got the same problem. overall mine looks like bloody potato. My exploding planets look great.

i think i am having trouble understanding this tut tell me if this is right set all layers to negation and set clouds to difference?then for the text a black background and white text on a different layer?then clouds on another layer?is that right.

I don't think I did it right haha. I'm going to have to try again. I forget to create a new layer when I made my clouds. Heres what I got.

FarleyFire.gif

Not sure what I did wrong but eh....

the whole canvas was covered in flames rather than my text.

what did I do?

I have the same problem I think It's because I forgot to add a layer for the clouds.

Never mind I figured what my problem was I put black text on a white background, I have to do it the other way around.

I got it, but it isn't as firey as I wanted, but now that I know how to do it I will mess with some of the steps to see if I can get it to look more firey. Nice tut, just some of the stuff is worded weird to make it harder, for instance you could say make your 1st layer all black, then add another layer for your text and use white font color, instead of "create the text layer, white on black"

Nice tutorial though.

FarleyFire2.gif

Wow what an incredible site. I am simply amazed at this program. I really never pictured myself a gfx tweaker until I started making siggy bars for the crew at xcpus.com. Now it just like *speechless* I honestly didnt think I would ever get into somethig like this till I tweaked a nebula and an intel wafer shot to look like a yin yang sphere, just by guessing my way though the interface.

This stuff is awesome.

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

I dont get it. I think you need to spend more time on writing this tutorial. A lot of it was'nt very clear at all. I just download Paint.net yesterday night but im very familiar with GIMP- so learning the basics of this program was'nt to hard. What really was'nt clear was when you were talking about changing the levels you said something like: "set this to white". What was I suppost to set to white?

Anyway- I kept trying but it never worked. So I just did what I thought I could do to atleast have some appreciation for my art and I came up with this:

P2pkUvDGxWgBrsOZXquR1DySsWkyd0.png

I make games and so B Games is just the name I came up for the company of my games.

R7hRFTnq2ykdXFdr5C2dNORxs7m2rs.png