Firey Text

Tom Jackson

ok... I get the basics of it, but I still dont know how to get my background black like some of the others have done in thier works of art. I'll show two examples of what I've done.

This is what I had when going by the tut as I understood it

Juds2.png

This I done in the same mannor, and had the same background as above, but I used a brush and pencil to get the background black. The hand was a symbol from a .ttf font

Hand_of_Judas.png

I donno if that what I did to the second was the same as others have done to thier pics, or if I was missing a step or two in my work on both. I must say that the tut for the "exploding planet" was more informative in the usage and steps of "how to do". Does anyone have an easier explaination to the step by step on this tut?

EDIT: please dont get me wrong... I think that the tut is great, and I've learnd a lot from it, but I somehow just dont know how many sheets I should do when doing all discribed in it. Also... a lot of times when I merge the layers down again, I get no effects from the lower images when merged. But I'll keep experienting with it and see how things work

Juds_Fire_sig.png

100% PDN

ok... I get the basics of it, but I still dont know how to get my background black like some of the others have done in thier works of art. I'll show two examples of what I've done.

This is what I had when going by the tut as I understood it

Juds2.png

This I done in the same mannor, and had the same background as above, but I used a brush and pencil to get the background black. The hand was a symbol from a .ttf font

Hand_of_Judas.png

I donno if that what I did to the second was the same as others have done to thier pics, or if I was missing a step or two in my work on both. I must say that the tut for the "exploding planet" was more informative in the usage and steps of "how to do". Does anyone have an easier explaination to the step by step on this tut?

EDIT: please dont get me wrong... I think that the tut is great, and I've learnd a lot from it, but I somehow just dont know how many sheets I should do when doing all discribed in it. Also... a lot of times when I merge the layers down again, I get no effects from the lower images when merged. But I'll keep experienting with it and see how things work

I find the easiest way to get the background to be black is by using two layers at first.

it says to make the text layer ...white on black....yes this is true, but I found that by making your first layer all black....then adding a new layer which is where you will put your white text, on the new layer. then follow the tutorial as it goes just keep in mind the added step

"What will we do if we don't try and help eachother?"

blackvortexavatar2ee5.jpg

Eventhough I've found out by myself how to get the desired background, I still cant get the same effect in the lettering that you guys get... but with a bit of further testing around and trying things out, I managed to make this sig. Please dont laugh, I know its simple. But also keep in mind that I have never used any grafic art programs before this, and the amount of knowlage that I had from other photo programs was only enough to make a negative, a B&W, and to do red eye reduction.

Judas_sig2.png

Juds_Fire_sig.png

100% PDN

Help!

I can't even get past the first part!

It says:

>Create the text layer, white on black:

I create a new layer. I set the primary colour to white and the secondary colour to black.

I then click the Text (from tools) and choose my font and font-size.

BUT, when it comes to typing, it's in white font so i can't see what i'm typing.

I'm obviously missing the point on this first part. Can someone explain in simple terms what I'm supposed to do here please

Thanks for your help

Help!

I can't even get past the first part!

It says:

>Create the text layer, white on black:

I create a new layer. I set the primary colour to white and the secondary colour to black.

I then click the Text (from tools) and choose my font and font-size.

BUT, when it comes to typing, it's in white font so i can't see what i'm typing.

I'm obviously missing the point on this first part. Can someone explain in simple terms what I'm supposed to do here please

Thanks for your help

Way back in January, when I first attempted this, I completely screwed up. "Gaaaaakkk!" I cried "I will never complete this tutorial, ever! Curse you hard tut!". So for the next 5 months I completely ignored it. But when I realized the recent beehive of activity at this thread, I decided to give it another shot. It worked. "Huzzah!" I declared. And here are the results fantastico!:

Here's the neat, tidy, and clean version:

numberthree.png

Here's the normal version:

numberone.png

And here is the awesome zoom blurred version:

numbertwo.png

One more time!

Huzzah!

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+