Firey Text

Tom Jackson

• 1 month later...

It´s me again, after 2 months and try 500 times I finally get it

For those who still struggleling with the tutorial some tips

Step #1.

On the layer text white font and black background. Choose Arial black, font size #108, gausian blur #20.

STEP #2.

Add New Layer (clouds)

On layer clouds on the window (LAYERS) double click on the layer to open (Layer Properties) on blending mode box choose ( DIFFERENCE )

On windows clouds effects >render>clouds choose Scale #510, roughness #0.45, blend mode box choose ( NEGATION ). PRESS OK then press ( CTRL+F ) and you will see how the text cange with the clouds and stop when you get a form you like it. almost 20 times

STEP #3

The same like Tom Jackson tutorial viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2758

Menu>adjustments> levels hit reset output area change to 128, 2.0, 0.

STEP #4

The same like Tom Jackson tutorial

Menu>adjustments> levels hit reset Input area change 210. then

IMPORTANT: On this step on the windows ( Layers ) move layer text first place and clouds layer second.

Then double click on layer text to open layer properties and choose blend mode box ( NEGATION )

Step #5

From here is the same like Tom Jackson tutorial

12621_386b3a4f6503899536416e8ffc2a1e30

• 2 weeks later...
I cant figure out how to make it firey text but keep the black background and not have a firey background.

Draw text on the background layer and select and delete the text making that part transparent. Create the fire underneath and merge the layers. Then use that same magic wand tool to delete the background and if you like add a layer of blue underneath.

KaHuc.png

I cant figure out how to make it firey text but keep the black background and not have a firey background.

Draw text on the background layer and select and delete the text making that part transparent. Create the fire underneath and merge the layers. Then use that same magic wand tool to delete the background and if you like add a layer of blue underneath.

Using the magic wand to delete the background! Cheating, I tell you! :lol:

Just kidding...that's one way to do it...this tutorial is difficult because it's all in the settings really...it varies with each try... :?

• 2 weeks later...
I've got an idea. Let's continuously bug the admins to re-sticky this until they do so!

Kidding... :P

Yeah, that'll guarantee it being locked. :-D

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm new and was referred by a friend. I was amazed with Paint.NET and what all it could do, even more amazed that it was free. :)

I've only been at this for a couple weeks now and I feel that I'm a natural when it comes to making stuff. I usually only read a tutorial once (twice most) before I understand it.

Here's my result:

wwg_logo.png