Making WIngs On PDN

Hm... So I was wondering if anybody knew how to make wings from scratch on PDN. Perhaps point me in the right direction either to a tutorial or a few basic tips to outline the general idea? They don't have to be angel wings. They can be any type.

Any help is greatly appreciated :) Thanks.

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer." -Ralph Waldo Emmerson

"A single enduring statement can grant immortality." -Author Unknown (This is what we call "Irony")

new_signature_by_falltodarkness-d3i6it7.jpg

Ok, if I wanted to make some wings that is more of an outline, I would search the web for one that suits me, open a new image in PDN, resizing the canvas to what I want. Paste the image in there & resize as needed. On a new layer, choose the line tool to size, colour you want & draw in the lines you want in that size. For the curves, try using the right mouse to move the nubs as it gives a better curve. You may want to put each line on a new layer so that you can position it without affecting the rest. If you have problems moving the selected line by the mouse, remember your directional keys. They can be more accurate but a bit slower. Once you are happy with the position of the line, you can merge the layer down to save you getting lost or running out of memory. Do that for all of the lines what need to be the same thickness. Keep going like this until you have the lines you want. Remember that you may not always want to draw in every line or even size that you see.

One idea at least. Hope it helps.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

You can make a basic pair of wings by installing this font EL&Font Gohtic. Author of this font now states that it is "no longer free for personal use" (you can still download it - but read the licence before you use it).

The characters that form the wings are the () brackets. These wings have been seen from time to time in sigs here on the forum.

i made this set a while ago.

2wings.png

there are realy only four feathers in it, but by duplicating and rearanging i made one side of the set then mirror imaged it to get the second side

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

I once did a mini tut in my gallery on page 28 (hummingbird wings) hope this links correctly.

( it is the 13th post on that pge near the bottom of the post)

not sure if that's what you are after

also somewhere in that gallery of mine is a large pink bird I did. Loved the wings feathers on that one. I'll flip thru my gallery and try to locate the page #. seems all the pages are out of sync with my index. must have happened when we changed forums? ?

edit here you go that bird is top of this page

ciao OMA

Edited by oma

I appreciate all the help guys :) I'll be sure to try some of the tutorials and then hopefully make my own.

@Mountnman: I really like those wings. Amazing

@yellowman: Those are pretty awesome

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer." -Ralph Waldo Emmerson

"A single enduring statement can grant immortality." -Author Unknown (This is what we call "Irony")

new_signature_by_falltodarkness-d3i6it7.jpg