Plaid fabric texture

hardyboyz619

hi this my first tutorial, so hopefully it goes well

also sorry for the bad quality of the photos theyre jpg

1.open a new canvas at whatever size and fill it with whatever color

76453865.jpg

2.select the rectangle maker tool thing and have the width at 1 and the fill at draw shape outline

3.make abunch of random rectangles like this

22173108.jpg

4.add noise at the settings:

intensity=41

color saturation=0

coverage=100

78829191.jpg

5.fragment blur it at the settings:

fragment count=50

distance=100

rotation=0

67085374.jpg

6.gaussuan blur at 1 pixel

40860181.jpg

feel free to change any of the settings i hope you enjoyed this tutorial boltbait.big_smile.png

feel free to comment and give your opinion boltbait.smile.png

i think you should read the tutorial guidlines...

Why would that be? Let's see...,

Screenshots - check

Title - descriptive

Placement: Tutorial/Textures - correct

Search for like terms: plaid - nothing shows up

Is it unique? Yes it is

Outcome - looks like plaid fabric to me

Does it run foul of guideline #5a? Not in my opinion. This is a little more than just random effects piled on each other.

Does it create exactly the effect described? Yes it does, and I think the final effect, simply achieved, is quite good.

I don't understand your comment . Yes this is a fairly simple tutorial, but that's OK. If you don't like it, let's have some constructive criticism (and leave the moderating to the Mods, 'k?)

Very time consuming for such a simple result, I believe Curmudgeon suggested something with Noise Motion Blur, and possibly a 'cross-hatch' plugin? Just nitpicking here, the background color of 255,0,0 - 100% Red is very harsh on the eyes! Good tutorial though.

Edited by csm725

Nearly identical to one I showed a year ago:

Pretty simple to make:

Create a new square image

Add noise, full intensity and coverage, and no color saturation

Motion blur at 90°, centered, and distance of 40~60 (to your own taste)

Duplicate this layer...on top layer, rotate the layer 90° and set blending mode to Overlay

Merge down, and voilà

You can color it the way you're accustomed to

It yields this:

plaidfabric.jpg

Edited by Curmudgeon

test.jpg

Thnx a very simple and effective method took about two minuets bit more time and care and could be a very cool image

boltbait.big_smile.png

tripp2.jpg

Edited by Tag Fan

Not forgetting "Dead men don't wear plaid". A very funny movie!

hardyboyz619, I like your tute & it would lend itself to many combinations of colour, as shown by Sarkut's effort. Bravo on your first tute!

Curmudgeon, your effect is more like linen & very nice outcome too. I hadn't seen that tute either. Now I have 2 new tutes for textures to try out.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

sorry i havent posted earlier but "ap comes first" xP ha... anyways thank you for your replies i did not expect to get this much i thought it would be locked but thanks boltbait.smile.png

@putz i thought it was too simple i was very hesitant to post it but i got bored and decided what the heck

@ego eram reputo thank you for not locking it and that movie looks good ill watch it later... maybe lol

@mayor_mcsteeze thanks and glad you liked it

@csm725 thanks you could use the effects or scripts lab to save the effect and sorry about the red i love bright colors and i wasnt thinking

@curmudgeon i was searching for one like that but never found it ill definitly use it thanks boltbait.smile.png

@tag fan your welcome glad you liked it i was actually trying to make a circuit board but instead i got this lol

@sarkut amazing.

@barbieq25 thank you very much im glad you enjoyed it

ha i wrote too much boltbait.tongue.png thank you everyone again this made my year lol

Edited by hardyboyz619

Ok, here is my take on the tartan tute. This one is partly inspired by The Palace at 4am a sculpture by Alberto Giacometti.

th_TartanStone.png

Tartan Stone

Thanks so much for the tute hardyboyz619 :)

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Ok, here is my take on the tartan tute. This one is partly inspired by The Palace at 4am a sculpture by Alberto Giacometti.

th_TartanStone.png

Tartan Stone

Thanks so much for the tute hardyboyz619 boltbait.smile.png

thats awesome reminds me of ancient egypt and the tartan is modern its a great combination i love it and i love your jewel tutorial :)

oh and your welcome lol

your welcome and also you could play around with the shapes and colors and ect. and i hope it gives ppl ideas of using fragment blur and other stuff to make really cool artworks like urs :)

• 4 years later...