How to Install Plugins ×

HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS/General Plugin Troubleshooting Thread

RaveN

Hello teezyxbad.

We need a little more information if we are to help you effectively.

...the plug ins won't work..
Could you list the plugins you have tried to install, please? Some require two files installed to the Effects folder to properly work.
i do exactly this...
Could you describe what you have done so far? Sometimes it can be the smallest detail that's the bane of the installation, such as unblocking a DLL, placing it in the right folder (effects into Effect, file types into File Types folder), or restarting Paint.NET. If we know what you have done, we know what's amiss. We aren't psychic just yet!

If you can provide more details, that would be great. Thanks :).

Alright, I've read through this entire thread and nothing is helping at all. I'm tired of all of you stuck up computer savvy people saying "LOLOL HE DUZNT NO HOW TO EXTRACT FILES DEN MOVE TO DIS FOLDER DAN FIND DA PRGRAM FILES DEN PROGRAM DA FLUX CAPACITOR AND DEN STOP DA DEATH STAR LOLOL HE STOOPID." This is NOT easy for an average joe to just walk in and do. So can somebody PLEASE, just simply make a STEP BY STEP PICTURE TUTORIAL on how the hell this is supposed to work using Windows Explorer on Vista.

inb4 wut plugin wer u tryin to downloadz

If you are struggling to understand how to do this, download this plugin: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24980

Installed it just how it was instructed in the thread. I right click a plugin, click Open With, and then InstallPlugin. A popup will then say "Plugin installed." I open Paint.net, go to effects and the plugin is not there in any of the categories. I've spent 3 days trying to do this and, needless to say, I'm pretty off with it. Can someone PLEASE tell me what the is going on?

Hiya!

I´m new here and new to Paint.net so please be understanding.

I´m trying to get to know paint.net and downloaded some new brushes, but the thing is you all talking about .dll files but the brushes are .png

What do I do with it? They don´t show up in the list of Effects (after putting them according to all your directions) and I don´t have tab ´Draw with Custom Brushes´ so I cannot add it there either. What do I do wrong?

Pleeeeese help me because it´s getting very frustrating!

Move all your brushes to a seperate folder, then download the ZIP file from the first post in the CustomBrushes thread and unzip to the effects folder. Then open PDN and select Effects -> Draw with Custom Brushes and click "cancel". A folder named "Custom Brushes" will now appear in Documents\Paint.NET User Files, copy your brushes into that folder.

KaHuc.png

Hey guys Im working with Paint.Net like a Month or so and its real fun. I already downloaded a couple of plugins.

But I have a little problem that kinda makes me mad.

Sometimes when I read a tutorial and wnt to try it out it requires an additional plugin. If its a real good tut the link for this plugin is with it. Well so I download it and install it and I also can find it in Paint.Net but when I open it and compare my working panel of the plugin with the one on the screenshot sometimes I dont have the same values I can change. Its like some of them are missing and that is really bothers me.

e.g:

In a tutorial they use the Mandelbrot Fractal plugin. I downloaded it from the link given on the tut. but when I open it I can change these values:

-Factor

-Zoom

-Angle

-Quality

-Invert colors

But on the screenshot there are values like :

-Factor

-Anti-Alias

-Zoom

-X-Offset

-Y-Offset

-red

-green

-blue

-Alpha

and thats strange. Also can he change the Zoom from 0 to ca 2000,00

I can only change it from 0,00 to 100,00

Does anyone got a clue whats wrong ??!

Thx !!!

OK, I've been using this program for a while, but I just decided today to attempt to install some plugins. I knew right away this wasn't going to be simple for me due to my complete inability to do anything properly on the computer. Now, I've read just about this entire thread and still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to install (sorry I don't know the proper name) the feather, pastel, etc effects. So I start off saving to my desktop and then I extracted the files because I figured that sounded like something good to do, then I moved my effects to my effect folder (which took me a while to find). Now, there's no "unblock" button, so I'm guessing I don't have to unblock anything, but when I go onto paint.net, my effects aren't there. I've also tried clicking the effects and bringing up paint.net and an alert comes up saying "the image type is not recognized, and cannot be opened." I am SO confused, and I've been at this for a couple hours now. Can someone please attempt to help me. (I hate computers XD)

EDIT: NEVERMIND! I figured it out. :D

I cannot get Paint.NET to see and use the AutoFX PGE (PhotoGraphicEdges) plugins. Is there a compatibility issue?

I added the plugin in the effects folder, paint.net's root folder and the FileTypes folder, and none worked...

Where did you find this plugin?

How do you know that it is compatible with Paint.NET?

Rick says its not compatible, and AutoFX is a commercial package and is PhotoShop compatible. I currently use it with Corel's PhotoPaint. I like Paint.Net's speed and lightweightness, but its got to use commercial plugin packages...

You can get the plugin by getting their demo program which sports a external program and the plugin...

Okaii'e. Here i go:: i need help because i downloaded plugins for the first time but i unblocked them and i also put the .dll under effects but its not working . i when on all the submenus ( effects, and ...etc..) and i cant find a trace of those plugins.

PLugin installed :: madjikpack, pyrochilds lugins, edharvey effects and custom brushes. and none of them worked :( please tell me what am i doing wrong.

NewBie's Attack.. x)

What version of Paint.NET are you running? Have you removed the DLLs from the ZIP file? Have you restarted Paint.NET?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

hello

im kinda new to this site but i have been using paint.net for a while but never nocicted these pulgins so i followed your forum (i think so )

and im having issues :shock:

-i downloaded custum brushes onto my my desktop

-extracted the files

- copy and pasted the files in paint.net effects

- ran Paint.net but .. nutitn shows and i see in under my file tab

"View Plug-in Errors"

i dont know if this should help but i copied and pasted the conents in the box see if you can tell me what iv done wrong or need to fix

1 of 1

--------------

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\PaintDotNet.StylusReader.dll

Effect Name: (Not Supplied)

Full error message: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Ink, Version=1.7.2600.2180, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'Microsoft.Ink, Version=1.7.2600.2180, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

i hope you can help me ...

thank you :D