How to Install Plugins ×

HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS/General Plugin Troubleshooting Thread

RaveN

Ohh, I didn't know you wanted me to copy and paste, Sorry lol

Home What's a User Agent? Switching User Agents Common User Agents

Your User Agent is:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)

Your User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)

Your IP Address: 70.44.211.128

(No Forwarded IP Given)

What's My User Agent?

"What's My User Agent?" allows you to view details about your user agent, along with other information your browser sends to this website. The Elements of Your User Agent String Are:

Mozilla/4.0

compatible

MSIE 7.0

Windows NT 6.0

SLCC1

.NET CLR 2.0.50727

Media Center PC 5.0

.NET CLR 3.0.04506

The Full Header Sent by Your Browser is:

HTTP_CONNECTION:Keep-Alive

HTTP_ACCEPT:image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-ms-application, application/vnd.ms-xpsdocument, application/xaml+xml, application/x-ms-xbap, application/x-shockwave-flash, */*

HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING:gzip, deflate

HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE:en-us

HTTP_COOKIE:ASPSESSIONIDQCDQRDAD=JAAEEEPDGCBAMFJGLDOBHOGJ

HTTP_HOST:whatsmyuseragent.com

HTTP_REFERER:http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2023&p=236588

HTTP_USER_AGENT:Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)

HTTP_UA_CPU:x86

Most Recent User Agents Visiting this Page:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506) - You!

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; I

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506) - You!

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; fr; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_5_5; fi-fi) AppleWebKit/525.26.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.2 Safari/525.2

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686 (x86_64); en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060124 Firefox/1.5.0.1

Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mob

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008121716 PartnerUserAgent/1.0 Songbird/1.0.1pre (200

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008121716 PartnerUserAgent/1.0 Songbird/1.0.1pre (200

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; it; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.19) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/2.0.0.19

Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaN95_8GB/20.0.016; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Symbian OS; Series 60/20.0.016; 9712) Opera 8.65 [en]

EmailWolf 1.00

Most recent Referrals:

forumer.com

google.co.uk

artesea.co.uk

google.co.za

lowcosttelecommunications.biz

shopwhiteman.us

google.fr

google.it

gutefrage.net

atoc.org

topolov.com

walkernews.net

google.pl

websitetips.com

scuki.com

google.ca

google.com.br

lifehacker.com

mattcutts.com

google.fi

google.ch

google.ru

divisionstudios.com

forummobiles.com

google.si

google.es

google.de

google.sk

majorgeeks.com

aupetitforum.com

This Website Sponsored by:

Webgazine.com - the Ultimate Web Magazine! (Writers Needed)

Home - What's a User Agent - Switching User Agents - Common User Agents - Privacy

The post above probably has crappy art.. Just look past that

:D

You use Windows XP, so I doubt you have the problem described with that link. What precisely is the problem you are having?

My problem is, When I click on the folder with the plugins I downloaded, I have no idea how to put them into Paint.net.

The post above probably has crappy art.. Just look past that

:D

What is "It?" What have you been trying? What have you been doing? Imagine that you just went in to see the doctor and said "I have a pain!" but gave no other information whatsoever. That's how we feel right now - like the doctor. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

What is "It?" What have you been trying? What have you been doing? Imagine that you just went in to see the doctor and said "I have a pain!" but gave no other information whatsoever. That's how we feel right now - like the doctor. :-)

Hiya, Doc! Can't help with that one but in my case, I said where it hurts starting right here...got a cure for me, or am I a goner? Whenever I put a .dll in the actual Paintnet effects folder, it's only visible in the virtual folder. :roll:

Are you unzipping directly to that folder?

First time I D/Led the zip to my desktop and extracted it to the effects folder (the "real" one, not that vista "virtual store" thing).

When that had the result I illustrated in the screenshots from my first post I deleted the .dll's and extracted instead to a folder on the desktop, copied the dll's from there and pasted them into the "real" effects folder. Got the same result...the effects aren't there when I open PDN, and when I check the "real" effects folder it says the folder is empty until I click that "compatibility files" icon at which point it shows me the dll's off in "virtual store" land again. I know they're there, Vista knows they're there, and even this forum now knows they're there.

I just can't figure out how to let PDN know they're there.

I am new to adding plugins and have been having problems. I use Vista and Firefox for my browser. I am sure I am still doing something wrong with trying to download the outline plugin. Can anyone please help me to understand all this?

Thanks,

Dawn

Dawn Ranieri

OK this is the way I install plug ins and it works every time.

Download to either desktop or the downloads file whichever you prefer. I use the downloads file.

Right click on the zip file.

Select extract all. I extract to downloads.

Click on the file , revealing all the dll files inside.

Choose the effect and right click>copy. If its something like Pyro`s where there is a lot of plug ins to choose from I just pick the one that I am going to need.I don`t copy the whole file.

Navigate to Paint.Net Effects which on my laptop reads like this-

Computer>OS(C:)>Program Files>Paint.Net>Effects

Click on the Effects folder and paste the Dll file inside.

Done.

I hope this helps . Good luck :wink:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

always make sure you have the latest version of paint.net first, and the latest version of the desired plug in.

Also note some of the plugins involve having two different dll's in your effects file. Off hand I know pyrochild requires two, and so does drop shadow. There are most likely others that do as well, but it will be most likely mentioned in the first post.

also some plug ins require you to turn off paint.net and then restart, before they show up in your effects menu.

its best to read this post viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2023

I recommend reading the whole thing. most questions about the how to install are there.

if you have specific questions about individual plugins you should ask with in that plugin thread, that way the plugin author has a better chance of catching your question, correcting any little bugs or directing you to the correct answer.

ciao

OMA