How to Install Plugins ×

HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS/General Plugin Troubleshooting Thread

RaveN

rrrrmmmm when i try to put it in the effects folder (im trying to put in shape 3d) and it says cannot move shape3d file: access denied. this is realy stressing me out! lol

EDIT: nvm figued it out!

I am having trouble using the Watermark add/removal Plug-in. I am new to using Paint.Net and putting pictures on the internet. could someone please describe how to create a watermark picture and how to integrate them together. I have been trying for 6 hours straight. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

OK, I've been using this program for a while, but I just decided today to attempt to install some plugins. I knew right away this wasn't going to be simple for me due to my complete inability to do anything properly on the computer. Now, I've read just about this entire thread and still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to install (sorry I don't know the proper name) the feather, pastel, etc effects. So I start off saving to my desktop and then I extracted the files because I figured that sounded like something good to do, then I moved my effects to my effect folder (which took me a while to find). Now, there's no "unblock" button, so I'm guessing I don't have to unblock anything, but when I go onto paint.net, my effects aren't there. I've also tried clicking the effects and bringing up paint.net and an alert comes up saying "the image type is not recognized, and cannot be opened." I am SO confused, and I've been at this for a couple hours now. Can someone please attempt to help me. (I hate computers XD)

EDIT: NEVERMIND! I figured it out. :D

This is me exactly! what did you do to get it to work?!? lol I've done all of this plus uninstalled, deleted the paint.net folder then reinstalled then tried to apply this plugin and still NOTHING. arghhhhhhh *pulls hair out* it shouldn't be this hard!

Just got it! Yesssssss. To anyone after me struggling with this problem, this is what I did. When moving the plugin file into the effects folder, you CANNOT move the entire file at the same time, you have to open the file and then move each plugin into the effects folder ONE AT A TIME. I must have missed reading that instruction somewhere! :roll: Hope this helps someone else :wink:

When moving the plugin file into the effects folder, you CANNOT move the entire file at the same time, you have to open the file and then move each plugin into the effects folder ONE AT A TIME.

You mean don't select multiple files at a time and move them?

I meant you can't click on a closed folder and move it that way into the effects folder. Had I opened the folder, then selected multiple files to move, I suppose it would have worked.

Hi! I just got Paint.net like last night, and I really want to download brushes and such. For some reason, no matter how many times I try, they fail to download. I did everything that you said to do to install it, and when I try to open the brush, a box comes up saying something like "Opening this could damage your system" and then even if I click allow, it still won't download. Do you have any tips for me?

That didn't work either. It worked up until I had to extract the files. I didn't have an Effects file, so I made one, but my folder doesn't look the same as yours. I didn't get the message that said something about the Administrator. What should I do?