Poker Set - Playing Cards & Chips

cjmcguinness

i would also like that you add the way how you did the dices , the background and the chips at the background for the people who are a bit new on paint.net :)

Ash, basically, covered that already. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5834

Just put the little dots where you want them and play with the transparency setting in Shape3D.

i know but it would be handy if its in one tutorial , i wanted to make an dice , i did 2 hours paint.net and it was actually very bad ! :)

Edited the spelling in avatar/sig

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

I Didn't make a Card or Chip But i made an CD x] I tryd my best XD Hope u like it ^^

3CD.png

2CD.png

1cd.png

I Think the first ones the bestXD The 2 others are a little 2 'Fatty' XD ^^ This was my try x]

• 3 weeks later...
How come i can't aligned my black rectangle on the Centre Layer???

can anyone help me....i'm frustrated, lol

I assume you are referring to using the Align Object step in making the card. I should have mentioned in the tut, that before you use the Align Object effect, press CTRL+D to deselect the are you have just filled - this will align the object in the middle of the canvas.

Hope this helps.

-CJ

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

Attached here is the Shape 3D .xml file with all the settings saved. Simply download this file, extract it to the Paint.NET user files folder and, through the Shape 3D plugin, click on the XML option at the bottom and load this file.

Attachment:

CurvedCard.zip

Where is this file? And what for sort settings?

Signature4.png

My own DeviantART gallery

Mozilla_Firefox_User_by_userbars.jpg

Sweden_lovebar_by_Mar0988.png

I have uploaded the Curved Card and Poker Chip .xml files again; not sure what happened to the originals - they were definitely available before.

You should download these attachments and extract the files; I usually put mine in a Shape 3D folder within the Paint.NET user files (located in My Documents). When you are using the Shape 3D plugin, click the XML option at the bottom and select 'Load'. You can now load the extracted .xml file with all the settings.

-CJ

PKRM.png

I have uploaded the Curved Card and Poker Chip .xml files again; not sure what happened to the originals - they were definitely available before.

You should download these attachments and extract the files; I usually put mine in a Shape 3D folder within the Paint.NET user files (located in My Documents). When you are using the Shape 3D plugin, click the XML option at the bottom and select 'Load'. You can now load the extracted .xml file with all the settings.

-CJ

Thank you :D:mrgreen:

Signature4.png

My own DeviantART gallery

Mozilla_Firefox_User_by_userbars.jpg

Sweden_lovebar_by_Mar0988.png

• 1 month later...

Well, I messed up a card and a chip, but here's my homage' to one of, if not the, absoulte best tutorials I've done here. Sorry I didn't do it the justice it deserves.

Let's see, in this one I learned about "xml's" and made a couple of my own (the original didn't work for the 4 card hand and the "fan" I had on them, so I played around with the settings one, very, slow, step, at a time untill I got what I wanted. Thanks for including that aspect of the tut.

I learned about "Charmap", something I should've known but didn't, (yes, I'm very "compilliterate"). I downloaded a couple of new "plug-ins" and learned how to use them. Plus, all th step-by-steps for a great piece of art. Thanks for all your work on this, a real learning boost when doing this for the first time.

Poker1.png

Well, I messed up a card and a chip, but here's my homage' to one of, if not the, absoulte best tutorials I've done here. Sorry I didn't do it the justice it deserves.

Let's see, in this one I learned about "xml's" and made a couple of my own (the original didn't work for the 4 card hand and the "fan" I had on them, so I played around with the settings one, very, slow, step, at a time untill I got what I wanted. Thanks for including that aspect of the tut.

I learned about "Charmap", something I should've known but didn't, (yes, I'm very "compilliterate"). I downloaded a couple of new "plug-ins" and learned how to use them. Plus, all th step-by-steps for a great piece of art. Thanks for all your work on this, a real learning boost when doing this for the first time.

th_Poker1.png

PrettyDarnNeat,

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, it's a brilliant effort; very good variation on the cards and the chips. I'm glad you learned a few things from this tut that hopefully you'll be able to use in future projects. I've always been of the opinion that you should try out as many tut's as you can, even if the final subject matter is not particularly what you are interested in, because there'll virtually always be an effect or technique employed that you didn't know of, or hadn't used before.

The real trick is to be able to take the new techniques you learn; to use and adapt them to develop your own style and unique pieces of art. You were able to take the basic steps of the tut and change the final outcome by adding a light source and shadows very effectively - quite different from the reflections I used in the original.

Your next challenge is to take what you have learned and start dazzling us with new and inventive pieces in the Pictorium.

All the best,

-CJ

PKRM.png

I am just now beginning to use this tutorial for a gaming sig. It is looking good! ATM I have the cards and the poker chips decked up on a pool table with a cue stick going over with the game of pool set up using Shape3D

signature.png

• 1 month later...
Amazing tut! I adapted the tut to create a poker table in a dark room.

th_Completepokertable.png

Excellent, I like it. However, there's one thing that doesn't look quite right; the angle/perspective of the table compared to the chips.

The attached image will demonstrate what I mean; it looks like the viewing perspective angle of the chips and the table are quite different, in my (very rough) estimation the chips are rotated to an angle of roughly 87 degrees, and the table is somewhere around 75 degrees (you will see the difference in the arrows I have overlaid).

4488_40dd2b67709c4e6274d3731327fddb22

You should be conscious of this sort of perspective/angle difference, as matching the two will give your images more realism.

Hope this helps for future work.

-CJ

PKRM.png

cj, this is offtopic, i enjoyed your tutorial, but what is your visual style? (For windows)

"By trying to reinvent the wheel every time we find very often with square wheels" ...X-blaster

This is still one of my favorite tuts, just because of all that can be learned from it. I went back and made this chip: :mrgreen:

pokerchip.png

I still think this topic should be stickied! Although the picture made is not suitable for everyone, the techniques to achieve it are essential! Good job :D

edit: why it's so huge, I'm not sure.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the amateurish question, but where is this, "Paint.NET user files folder" you speak of to be able to add the attachments? I've added plug-ins to the "Effects" folder, but can't seem to find the "user files folder". Can anybody help? :? Thanx in advance.

FOUND::

Ok, I figured it out now...how embarassing :oops: lol

I have another question though, I downloaded the "Drop Shadow" effect plug-in and added it to the "Effects" folder, restarted PdN, but when I made my font and tried to use the "Drop Shadow", I couldn't find it anywhere on my PdN. Anybody have any idea what went wrong? Help anyone? :? Thanx in advance.

• 4 weeks later...