Presets for Gradient Mapping by Remake.

• 1 year later...

Happy New Year!

7 hours ago, Pixey said:

Do you have any idea why this suddenly happened in my Gradient drop down please?

@Pixey , click on the drop-down list of presets and select Manage presets. In the dialog box that opens, compare the names of presets (xml files) with the names of presets in the drop-down list. The drop-down list must contain the same names without the xml extension.

I don't really know the reason for changing the name of the presets in your case. This may be the result of a file decompressor program, or some other software.

• Hugs 1

16 hours ago, ReMake said:

I don't really know the reason for changing the name of the presets in your case. This may be the result of a file decompressor program, or some other software.

You are correct.  I now know the culprit.  I downloaded a 'free' Photshop the other day and I think it took over the presets for similar names.  Who knows what else it's done to my computer 😱 It took me ages to delete those 'ghost copies' from your preset drop down, but now it's finally back to normal.  Thank you for your help 🍺.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

6 minutes ago, ReMake said:

Photoshop's gradient presets have an extension .grd, it is unlikely that "free" Photoshop has damaged your presets folder for paint.net with the .xml extension.

I should have taken a screen shot when I was deleting the extra .xmls - but I didn't.  What had happened in the Gradient Mapping Presets, is that each of the presets had been duplicated, which then had a red 'x' next to it.  I also have noticed these red x's in a few of my computer folders, like my photos, but the folders are opening okay.  It is a total mystery to me, and other than the free PS downloaded a few days ago, and Cloud as well, I can't think what caused this 🤔.

red-x-s.png

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I just tried to use the Gradient Mapping and the presets are not there, even though they are in the preset folder.  I wonder if Cloud is messing this up for me 😵 I will re-download the presets tomorrow and try to get them to work again.

But, odd they are in the folder:

gradient-presets.png

30b8T8B.gif

On 2/22/2017 at 12:05 AM, sashwilko said:

... but sadly without examples of what effect they create, it is basically a case of loading on a trial and error basis ? 

I added some images. All presets were applied to a linear black-and-white gradient. The sample presets are arranged in row from left to right in the same order as they are in the zip file (each subsequent lower row is a continuation of the previous upper row).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
On 2/20/2017 at 5:28 AM, ReMake said:

Pyrochild wrote a marvelous Gradient Mapping plugin. However, its possibilities are uncovered not completely.
I found some gradients at our Forums.

Note: gradients for old version of a plugin (like MiguelPereira's Gradients) are incompatible with the new version and can lead to crash paint.net.

Gradients.zip by MiguelPereira for new version Gradient Mapping. Contains 4 gradients: Lemony, Rainbow, Weird, and Weird2.

Reveal hidden contents

Gradients.png

Sarkut's Yellow Gold gives golden color to elements of your image.

ThermalImage by natjo1986. It fades from purple to red or fading from cold then to hot.

Pop_Art_Hope colors the image in PopArt style.

Pratyush's Metallic Presets contains 16 different gradients of shades of metal.

Reveal hidden contents

Metallic.png

Pratyush's Sky Presets contains 23 different gradients type of sky.

Reveal hidden contents

Sky.png

I made some presets to stimulate usage of Gradient Mapping.
Note: put in a folder Gradient Mapping only gradients necessary for you. At a large number of gradients, you can not see them all in the drop-down list of gradients.

Black and White.zip contrast gradient for tutorials.

Reveal hidden contents

baw.png

Bokeh.zip contains 11 different gradients which allow to paint parts of the image in color inherent Bokeh effect.

Reveal hidden contents

Bokeh.png

Chocolate.zip contains 9 different gradients of chocolate color.

Reveal hidden contents

Chocolate.png

Colors.zip contains 9 different multi-colored gradients.

Reveal hidden contents

Colors.png

Fire.zip contains 12 different fire gradients.

Reveal hidden contents

Fire.png

Fruity.zip contains 13 different gradients with fruit undertones.

Reveal hidden contents

Fruity.png

Gels.zip contains 25 different gels gradients.   NEW!

Reveal hidden contents

Gels.png

Golden.zip contains 9 different gradients of golden color.

Reveal hidden contents

Golden.png

GreensAndBlues.zip  contains 12 different gradients in green and blue tones.   NEW!

Reveal hidden contents

Greens-n-Blues.png

Harmony.zip contains 7 different multicolor gradients.

Reveal hidden contents

Harmony.png

Metalls.zip contains 5 different gradients of shades of metal.

Reveal hidden contents

Metalls.png

Neon.zip contains 10 different gradients like a neon glow.

Reveal hidden contents

Neon.png

Pop_Art.zip contains 15 different presets for creation of portraits in Pop Art style.

Reveal hidden contents

Pop-Art.png

Rainbow.zip contains 9 different gradients in rainbow tones.

Reveal hidden contents

Rainbow.png

Silvery.zip contains 10 different presets with silver shades.

Reveal hidden contents

Silvery.png

Simples.zip contains 14 different two-color gradients.

Reveal hidden contents

Simples.png

Spectrum.zip contains 5 different four-colored gradients.

Reveal hidden contents

Spectrum.png

Vintage.zip contains 10 different preset for changing the image like a vintage photo.

Reveal hidden contents

Vintage.png

I hope to see your work with presets for Gradient Mapping.

Open for itself the wonderful world of colors!

To be continued...

These are all unsafe files. 

No they aren't. Your browser/anti-virus is giving you false-positives. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I've got myself in a pickle.  Where do the Gradient Mapping Presets (the colors) go please?  I would like to know where paint.net first looks for them, when I'm in Gradient Mapping, as I think I've got them in the wrong place. 

I've been trying to get the Preserve Alpha to stay put, by changing the code: LockAlpha="false">: to LockAlpha="true"> and it's not worked so far.

Many thanks in advance t4526.gif

EDIT:  Please ignore my question, as I found some old notes on how to do this by @ReMake 🥰 where he also suggests to use the "Save as currant Preset" - which worked, thus I found where they are stored as well 😁.

30b8T8B.gif

• Pixey changed the title to Presets for Gradient Mapping by Remake.