Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

Too late, I`ve ordered another from Amazon. I guess I am just too impatient at times and just went ahead and ordered instead of taking a step back, thinking about it and THEN deciding what to do. I`ve had the e-mail saying it has been dispatched now so I can`t cancel the order. It won`t arrive until 21st Feb which was surprising. I thought it would be quicker.  The other option of course is , if I see one in a shop here, buy it and send the Amazon one back when it gets here.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

I hope you are right Barbie. I got quite attached to the N7 and it`s surprising how you miss the ability to just relax and read the news or a book with having to fire up the laptop. It`s just so convenient.

(I`ve got a new image almost finished. Just a few things to tidy up and details to add and it will be on here)

New image added. This was inspired by this PS tut although I never actually followed it too closely. I chose a car of my own to trace over and proceeded from there. I did use stock alloys and headlights for best effect and the Peugeot badge on the front is from the original image. The rest is PDN. This was a marathon example of blur painting to bring out the detail and add depth. When finished there was just over 150 layers to this car - twice as many as my last record.

Oh and by the way Welshy I hope you can read a map as you are my navigator! :D

When you said 150 layers, I imagined my old computer that I had and how much steam would come from it. I'd probably have to call the firefighters. :P Seriously, Goon, you always amaze me with your translation of PS tuts. They aren't always easy. I love the shape of the car and I bet it makes the loud "vrooming" noise when it's in full speed. 

I love the car wrapping design and the seats and how the window is slightly rolled down. 

Edited by HELEN
  • Upvote 1

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thanks Barbie. Luv to take you for a spin. Hope you don`t mind flying! :lol:

Helen , I was surprised my 4 yr old Dell could cope.I made sure I saved the file regularly to minimise any loss but it worked out OK. Oddly enough PDN just crashed on me when I was working on an image with only 6 layers. 150 layers? No probs. 6 layers? Not enough memory apparently. :roll:

Thanks Drew. I`ve lost count of how many times I went over this image with fine tooth comb looking for `unwanted artifacts' . Detail is King and the smallest thing could spoil the image. :)

BP - thats why every single one of my 150 layers is named. I would have gone bonkers trying to find a particular highlight or shadow. :P

Goonie, I had a similar thing happen with memory. With this system I should have enough power to create a small city but it ran out of memory on less than 20 layers! 

I recall that with my old laptop, I had to shut down PDN every once in a while, losing all history, or it would crash even on save (which I think is just the ultimate betrayal of PDN :D ) You knew when it was time to close the program because everything would take so long. No such warning now. 

I can remember when you got that Dell :) 

Thanks Welshy ;) Thought I was losing it there for a while. 

The fastest I have ever been in a car is 125 miles an hour, my car, me driving. Between my home town & where I worked in the city was about 35 miles. Some young fellas often used to race me from home to the city or on the way home. Dilapidated exterior but nothing wrong with under the hood. I could have made enough $$ in a day taking bets that I wouldn't have to work at all but I could not bring myself to "steal" from wannabes. Nowadays, I'd take the loot but no way would I drive at that speed now. 

Skilled is a very good word to describe your work, as Welshy said.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Barbie you are spot on.   I can`t believe I got the make of the car wrong. sEm_oops.gif

I still have the file so I will definitely be putting that right.

Welshy when you say lenses I assume you mean the headlights. I did mention that they were stock. I am afraid I`m not THAT good.

Thanks .

I want to get rid of the Peugeot decals and replace them with (the correct) Holden ones , and I have seen a couple of things I could have done better. But unfortunately it won`t be happening until I `ve got over this damn flu virus. It just drains you completely.

• 3 months later...

Hi there everyone. Sorry it`s been so long.I`m fine now - have been for ages, just have not posted. Sorry. Many thanks Bbq, Helen, BP & Minners for your messages. Really should have said something a long time ago.  

Have not created anything for months now. Too busy with the Nexus 7 . If only there was an equivalent PDN Android app. I know it`s not possible but it would still be nice. Have not come across any image editors that come close to matching PDN so I don`t bother making anything and  spend all my time reading instead.

I noticed my sig made it into the Galleria so once again - thanks Welshy for the nomination.

With any luck I`ll find some inspiration for another image from somewhere. Bit of a struggle at the moment which is why I am a bit quiet on these forums.