Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

Nice work Goonie. I like the colour choice too. The background is just perfect for the abstract bit. I like the way the text is beside the 3D part. Loads of swirls in that & it looks almost like a crown on the top left. Cool!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 1 month later...

Thanks Barbie & Welshy. Professional eh? Some compliment.

Latest image is called Blue Marble. Based on a Blender tut, converted for PDN,this is the largest image I have ever made - mainly because the textures were so large. I resized them down from 10800x5400 to 4000x2000! I tried posting the normal, full size, image in the gallery but, unlike PDNFans, the image is not resized down so is MASSIVE on the page. So I have resized it down even further in PDN to be able to post it here.

Anyway I hope you like it.

Edited by Goonfella

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

You know, I was actually thinking you had done another marvellous abstract.

I love what you have done with this one. More than anything it is the background that draws me in. I look at the stars & just like in a real night sky, it is never the same twice. What a fantastic image & I also cannot get over the size! Well done Goonie!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I looked through your tut yesterday and I like the way you think. Blue Marble is just mind-blowing. I actually thought you took an actual picture from a Web site and tweaked it in PDN. That's how great it is.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I've been looking for this gallery for a while, but finally finding it and discovering I was just a bit late was...I don't even know. That just killed my day T.T

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Barbie,Helen,pdnnoob - Thanks for the comments.

I`ve just posted v2. Never really liked the white line as a border so I junked it and added the bars top & bottom, with the name of the image at the bottom. I think this shows off the image much better. Also I have added some more stars in the background,though not too many as the focus of this image is the planet after all. I have sorted out the problem on the edge of the Earth flagged up by Sargon(thanks for that). The moon I thought was too big so I shrunk that down a bit as well.

Hope you like the changes. :)

• 1 month later...

I'm just always in awe with your spacescapes (as well as your other works). This scene looks very quiet and atmospheric. LOVE the outrageously amazing texture on the asteroid (well, whatever you want to call it).

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Welshy , after losing 8-2 there`s plenty not to like with those North London players! :(

Helen it is an asteroid. Being out in space there is nothing to smooth it off ( wind, water etc) so I made sure it looked nice and rugged.

Thanks NinjaManDan21. ;)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

New image posted. First animation by me for some time, this one was inspired by the aircraft at the airport near where I live. I was fascinated by the props turning. Then I stumbled upon a PS tut of a ventilator fan and that was it - I just had to give it a go. The rust texture is all PDN, helped on its way by dynojuggler`s excellent rust/corrosion tut -

Thanks for pointing out the issue with the bolts Welshy. Can`t believe I let that one slip through. I made sure of the drop shadow elsewhere but not the bolts. :roll:

And you were right about colour burn.

Thanks Barbie glad you enjoyed it. ;)

I`ve added that drop shadow to the bolts and had another go at animating the fan. I think it rotates more smoothly now.

Edited by Goonfella

Thanks Helen. ;)

I have uploaded an updated version of the fan which includes all the tips and advice from Welshy, Barbie and especially Yellowman, who helped me out so much with the animation side of things. Thanks very much guys(and gal ;) )

• Upvote 2

Thanks Helen.

I have uploaded my first ever movie to You Tube. It`s called `The Grandeur of Space'. They are mostly PDN images but there are a couple of Gimp ones thrown in as well. Enjoy. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ6YTU7Mj6M

A "must see!" Awesome works & I thoroughly enjoyed it.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

• 3 weeks later...

Glad you both liked my video. I love listening to that music while I`m working in PDN. It`s very relaxing.

Talking of music - my latest images. I found a nice tut on how to create a real electric guitar but when I had finished I wanted to display it as part of an image and not just as the image itself, although when I look at the guitar by itself I still think it looks better than in a music scene. Seems more realistic for some reason but it`s exactly the same image as in the scenes so that`s a bit puzzling. Must be the white background.

In my search for ideas for the scene I came across a good tutorial on how to make a `Bangin` Woofer'. So I included that. Then decided to use it in my speaker stack so I`ve posted that as well.

Barbie there is one for you as well, which includes all the little changes you asked for on Fans. Hope you like it. ;)

Links -

http://designinstruct.com/drawing-illustration/make-a-photorealistic-electric-guitar-in-photoshop/

http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/drawing/how-to-make-a-bangin-woofer-embedded-in-wood/