Goonfella`s Gallery - New Frontiers 28.02.16

Goonfella

Dryda  -  thanks , I am always pleased when you like my spacescapes because I know you are a bit of a space buff as well. I used to have Celestia a few years back on another laptop but then I got into PDN and never used it much so I got rid of it. Might be worth getting it again. :)

Thanks Seerose, glad you liked it. ;)

Bbq - the blue/black colour was simply because Uranus is a blue planet so I figured on giving the whole thing a blue hue. That helped to give it a freezing cold feel as well ,  -305° F (-187° C) kind of cold feel! Brrr......... :)

Helen - nice of you to say so. But ray of light? You are not confusing the ray of light with the rings are you? I never actually put a ray of light in there.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Thanks Daniels. I guess it has got a bit of a lonely feel. Just imagine what it must be like out there. Dead quite, nothing moving and no jets flying overhead to disturb you. Just the planet Uranus and her moons passing by. Oh and the freezing temps of course! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Helen , I`m sure you`re not a weirdo - well not quite anyway!  :D

Thanks Red. I`ve got lots more in my Fans gallery as well.

Julio , this one was a mixture of photo manip and PDN. The rocks/cliffs are from real images which I think makes all the difference and helps it to look more realistic. If you want to see some of my earlier (not quite so realistic) ones feel free to visit my gallery on Fans.  ;)

(sorry for the late reply, I`ve been a bit busy lately )

New image posted. Clockworks - made using Red`s brilliant Gears plugin.I thought this would be the perfect subject for it. Not so sure about the texture of the metal gears. Just could not get that realistic metallic look, but the rest is OK. Texturing has never been my strong point.  :)  

Edited by Goonfella

Thanks Drew, Helen.

I thought about trying to animate it like I did with the Fan gif but all those gears and the hands? Whew! I think that would be a little step too far for me.

Nice to get complemented on the textures though. Never expected that.  :)

• 2 weeks later...