• drostisig.png
    • af98958d5a3d2c43a09079b9e373adc1c8f8d38f.png
    • 4094c523d5b7d3029db0bdddd04ed732a27f3003.png
    • 6fb08fcc79e3c7ff7b9db34e076c3d658c272064.jpeg
    • Z8ENLaw.png
    • X5eK77Q.png
    • 0v1NYt.png

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2020 at 06:00 PM

The Poll is now open for ‘The Droste Effect’. It will be closed on Saturday, October 17th, 2020 – 2:00 pm (EST) and 7:00 pm (UK time).  World Clock.

Thank you, everyone, for your beautiful entries.  May the best  artist_03.gif  win!

Many beautiful entries this week.  Good luck to all! 😊

Edited by lynxster4

• lynxster4 changed the title to SOTW#227 - The Droste Effect - Winners!

Congratulations to the winners!

1st Place: is @Pixey, @barbieq25 and @barbieq25 with 5 votes each :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

2nd Place: is @lynxster4, @Maggie, @Pixey and @doughty with 4 votes each :trophy-silver: :trophy-silver: :trophy-silver: :trophy-silver:

3rd Place: is @welshblue, @lynxster4, @Maggie, @barbieq25 and @Reptillian with 3 votes each :trophy-bronze: :trophy-bronze: :trophy-bronze: :trophy-bronze: :trophy-bronze:

Great entries from everyone!  I thought every single entry was well-done.  Only 7 people voted... (tsk, tsk, tsk...)

Thank you @lynxster4 for your troubles, even though only seven people bothered to vote. Does this mean there are members who entered but did not vote?

I agree with @lynxster4 that we had great entries this time, so congratulations to all. Special congratulations to @Pixey and @barbieq25 who got 5 out of 7 possible votes! A landslide by any measure. I'll just revel in my 28.57% of the vote  😁 

Xkds4Lh.png

3 hours ago, welshblue said:

Congratulations to the winners.  Some great examples of the droste effect all round.

I thought @Reptillian's orange first entry was stunning.  Very fractal looking.  

It is based on an actual fractal. The initial step was Diffusion Limited Aggregation which is a g'mic filter I have made.

G'MIC Filter Developer

I am away from this forum for undetermined amount of time: If you really need anything related to my PDN plugin or my G'MIC filter within G'MIC plugin, then you can contact me via Paint.NET discord, and mention me.