absolute beginner - rbg

hello

I am looking at having some t shirts printed and the print company has asked that I upload the design in RGB mode. Admittedly I am very new to creating designs and paint,net seems the most user friendly for beginners. I have created the image but how do i know if it is rgb?  Is it a default setting?

Thanks

You'll need to ask what file format is acceptable. Most likely it will be something like PNG or BMP, which are called "lossless" formats because they represent the image data exactly as it appears in the image editor. Formats like JPEG are not lossless. When you save the image in Paint.NET, you can select the format. For images with only one layer, the default format is PNG.

BTW, the alternative to RGB is called CMYK. RGB stands for Red, Green, Blue; CMYK stands for Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Key (printers call the black layer the "key" layer). Some printers, for reasons sensible and not so sensible, require images to be in CMYK format.

EDIT: I see in another thread that the printer wants PNG format. Very convenient, since that's PDN's default.

1 hour ago, MJW said:

BTW, the alternative to RGB is called CMYK. RGB stands for Red, Green, Blue; CMYK stands for Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Key (printers call the black layer the "key" layer). Some printers, for reasons sensible and not so sensible, require images to be in CMYK format.

For non-printer purposes, LAB*, LCH, YUV, YIQ,YCbCr are all things. LAB and LCH are used by photographers and sometimes image editors, IIRC cinematics use YCbCr.

That being said, Paint.NET basically support 8I RGB, and the profile is sRGB-elle-V2-sRGBtrc.icc.

G'MIC Filter Developer

13 minutes ago, Reptillian said:

That being said, Paint.NET basically support 8I RGB, and the profile is sRGB-elle-V2-sRGBtrc.icc.

Thank you for that nfo! I was able to download the profile at this link:
https://github.com/ellelstone/elles_icc_profiles/blob/master/profiles/sRGB-elle-V2-srgbtrc.icc

This will be helpful when attempting to convert to CMYK

Edited by HyReZ

8 hours ago, HyReZ said:

Thank you for that nfo! I was able to download the profile at this link:
https://github.com/ellelstone/elles_icc_profiles/blob/master/profiles/sRGB-elle-V2-srgbtrc.icc

This will be helpful when attempting to convert to CMYK

My Soft Proofing Effect allows the current layer to be exported as a CMYK TIFF.

It is intended to allow users to preview how the current layer would look when printed and then export the layer after converting it to the specified color profile.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait