1. 1. You may vote for 3 entries.

• candlestick_6.png
    • Red_Candle_Stick_Final.png
    • candles_and_stick.png
    • OOTF_28a.png
    • OOTF_28b.png
    • Silver_Candlestick_Final.png
    • Candlestick_OOTF_entry.png

The Poll for the Candlestick is now open until Saturday 22nd September, 2 PM EST or 7 PM UK

To see how that equates to other countries World Clock. 

Here’s a link to the Time Remaining.

Good Luck Everyone - Fabulous Entries!

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

And the Winners are:

1st Place is @MJW with 6 votes :trophy:

2nd Place are @lynxster4 @welshblue and @Pixey with 5 votes each :trophy-silver:

3rd Place is @Pixey with 3 votes :trophy-bronze:

Congratulations everyone.  Beautiful entries one and all :PaintDotNet48:

• Like 2

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Congrats to all the winners!  :wine:    Lovely entries one and all!  ?

• Like 1

Great jobs by @lynxster4, @welshblue and @Pixey! I had a very difficult time deciding which entries to vote for. I think welshblue may have ended up competing against himself, with two similar entries.

Thanks to Pixey for hosting!

BTW, my candle (which I think turned out pretty well -- especially if the image is placed against a dark background) is based on a method stolen adapted from an excellent Photoshop tutorial.  I had to make a few modifications to handle some PS features that PDN doesn't have. The color-gradient was produced using pyrochild's very useful Gradient Mapping plugin.  Instead of the Outer Glow, I used my Edge Expander plugin, followed by a slight blur, then Kris Vandermotten's Sepia 2. To substitute for the PS masking layers, I first drew the diffuse and specular shading, without regard to the candle-image boundaries, then used BoltBait's Paste Alpha to trim them to the image boundaries. PS opacity values must go from 0 to 100, so that needs to be taken into account when setting alpha.  If I were to do it over again, I'd try using the Texture Shader to shade a cylinder, with the candle-color gradient in the clipboard. It would no doubt require some experimentation to get it right. (Also, I should have made the flame oranger; it would have worked better against the white background. That's one of those details I realize too late, after the contest deadline.)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1