Sign in to follow this  
KingNXT

[REQUEST] Frost glass effect

Anyone know the Microsoft Neon style? They use the Glass effect, in windows 10 start menu and in some other apps. I would like that effect but not so dark.

EDIT:

Here is an example of the effect: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9NO5x0fuXc_OUs2dDRod185bzA/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9NO5x0fuXc_X01VZS1wVTJvSmM/view?usp=sharing

Edited by KingNXT

Neon (officially known as 'Fluent Design System') is a whole new set of Human Interface Guidelines for Microsoft's platforms.

I think you're just looking for Gaussian Blur.

Simply lowering the opacity of the layer from the Layer Properties can produce a glass-like effect on any solid or opaque layer. Also experiment with blending modes.

In my opinion that doesn't look like frosted glass.

Here is a quick try:

frosted.jpg

• Upvote 1

All Microsoft is doing is introducing use of layers to the desktop screen. It will become more evident in Win 11. For now it can be best seen when opening Groove Music in Win10. One of the first apps that have modified their source code to take advantage of this new format;

20 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

Fluent Design System

My own rendition

FrostedGlass.PNG.68c9cab8baaff11f3589197006583b47.PNG

1 minute ago, AndrewDavid said:

For now it can be best seen when opening Groove Music in Win10.

This is what i meant

1 hour ago, IRON67 said:

In my opinion that doesn't look like frosted glass.

In my opinion you should have blurred the bottom part of the photo. :) :D

54 minutes ago, KingNXT said:

Still using windows 98?

No. Still using "Classic Theme" in Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit. Safe until Spring 2020.

Edited by IRON67

56 minutes ago, Eli said:

In my opinion you should have blurred the bottom part of the photo

Oh my... is the tattoo really embarassing? :D

9 minutes ago, IRON67 said:

Kappa? Huh? Rather, I eat raw liver for the rest of my life than to install Chrome on my PC.

Well liver is very delicious on toasted rye bread and a bit of butter so it melts and makes everythings soft and juicy, that as breakfast is best breakfast in midweek

38 minutes ago, Eli said:

Maybe this is what you want :

ax-effect-524c2d9.png

Well we already solved the problem. open up win10 groove app and see it yourself or maybe i put up a picture with the sniping tool

1 hour ago, KingNXT said:

Well liver is very delicious

Not for me and not raw.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, IRON67 said:

Not for me and not raw.

Why wouldnt u install chrome, fastest browser, but on win10 Edge is abit faster

20 minutes ago, KingNXT said:

Why wouldnt u install chrome

Google Chrome is a privacy nightmare.

It's not just about trusting Google... If Google has your all your web data, then the NSA (and their buddies at GCHQ) can get it from them. Based on the NSA's track record, no one in their right mind should trust them.

There are other Chromium browsers out there which have the Google stuff removed.

20 minutes ago, KingNXT said:

fastest browser, but on win10 Edge is abit faster

This isn't really an argument anymore. All the browsers are very fast (except maybe Safari). The differences are in the millisecond range, and are negligible.

7 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

Google Chrome is a privacy nightmare.

It's not just about trusting Google... If Google has your all your web data, then the NSA (and their buddies at GCHQ) can get it from them. Based on the NSA's track record, no one in their right mind should trust them.

Well that maybe true, but it is so easy cause i use almost all google platforms: Drive, Youtube, Gmail, Keep, Images, Maps, Play books, Chrome remote control, So you just log in once and you are logged in on every site. And the wide range of Addons of privacy that chrome has in their store like: Privacy badger(nobody can track me) and adblock. And! I have read the Terms and Conditions, that my information is mine. Well what would NSA do with my files... only concern is that my files are not in any criminals hands!

7 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

This isn't really an argument anymore. All the browsers are very fast (except maybe Safari). The differences are in the millisecond range, and are negligible.

Well on older laptops there is a very big difference as on many computers, dont argue with me I'm studying IT and have had thousands of pcs in my hand

Edited by KingNXT

And I can't believe that someone actually finds Win10 Tiles attractive. Sheshhhh.

N'uf said......

Off topic guys. Let's return to the original topic or take the browser/OS discussion into another thread.

• Upvote 1