Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MadJik

Sparkles Effect Plugin (ymd:100725)

43 posts in this topic

Sparkles Effect Plugin

What's this?

First of all, the initial idea belongs to kshotts: scanning the picture to find out the little shinning stars to add them some sparkles.

Second I'm calling flaRe the circle and flaKe the star.

This is a plugin under Effect/Render menu.

Download the DLL

Plugin Sparkles.dll

ar.pngHere is the DLLal.png

The source is available with the plugins package!

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=7186

How to install?

Close Paint.net

Unzip and place the DLL in your Effect folder usually: C:/Program Files/Paint.NET/Effects

The User interface

This plugin is added to the menu Effects, submenu Render.

pdnv330019.png

Maximum quantity of sparkles to add (security limit):

If the image is too light (white) the plugin was hanging, because all and every pixels were considered as a brilliant spot to add a sparkle to!

And so it was running for hours/days/weeks!

The limit is here to avoid this problem.

Play between the limit and the brightness threshold to have a good coverage over the image...

Brightness Threshold:

Increase the value to select only the brightest pixels.

Maximum Glitter Size:

Maximum (if random checked) radius.

Glitter Possibility :

Possibility (0=none, 100=all) for a bright pixel to receive a glitter.

Flare/Flake ratio:

0=only flares, 100=only flakes, other=ratio between flares & flakes.

Flare normal/invert ratio:

0=only normals, 100=only inverts. Normals are brighter in the center.

Flake normal/invert ratio:

0=only normals, 100=only inverts. Normals are brighter in the center.

Flare number of vertices:

Quantity of rays to draw for the flare (0=perfect circle).

Flake number of vertices:

Quantity of vertices for the flake (star).

Random size:

If checked all glitters have a random radius up to the selected maximum size. Else they all have the same size to the maximum.

Some examples:

Original model:

sparkles0.jpg

Only flakes:

sparkles1.jpg

Only flares:

sparkles2.jpg

Fireworks!

sparkles3.jpg

Shooting stars!

sparkles4.jpg

Caviar:

sparkles5.jpg

Some tips:

__The glitters are created from the top-left corner to the bottom-right corner. The last one overwrites the first one.

__A spot with a small radius is made with several pixels and each pixel of the spot could receive a glitter.

Shooting stars! Jay, it looks great.

Do you sleep at night or keep on writing plugins? :D

Thanks!

Shooting stars!

:lol:

I like that. Looks awesome.

I'm gonna definitely use this sometime. :D

after u go to effects where do u go :?:

Try This: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2023

I recommend using search next time, it will save karma and allow you to reach the answer without waiting for a response.

Welcome to the forums. :)

I actually tried adding this to a black background, and nothing happened.

You need to spot some white dots on a dark background to see the effect...

This is a great effect but I can't seem to get the controls to render the same effects as your examples above!

This is a great effect but I can't seem to get the controls to render the same effects as your examples above!

So the settings for my examples are:

Only flakes:

Flakes/Flares Ratio: 100

Flakes Normal/Inverted Ratio: 0

others at default

Only flares:

Flakes/Flares Ratio: 0

Flares Normal/Inverted Ratio: 0

others at default

Fireworks!

Flakes Normal/Inverted Ratio: 100

Flakes number of vertices: 50

others at default

Shooting stars!

Maximun Glitter size: 400

Glitter Possibility: 100

Flakes Normal/Inverted Ratio: 100

Flakes number of vertices: 1

others at default

Caviar:

Put some white dots on a black background (no image used)

Maximun Glitter size: 400

Flakes/Flares Ratio: 0

Flares Normal/Inverted Ratio: 0

others at default

Nice plug-in! Ill definatly use this one. This could be used...in like, 1000 ways for me! Thanks again!

This is the first plugin I downloaded. I don't quite have it down just yet, but it is exactly what I was looking for. I know after I work with it for a while, I'll get the hang of it. Very very nice effect. Thanks so much, I know I will use this a lot. My geography website is all open source except for the logos and other graphics on the Home Page, I use MapServer for the GIS mapping, but I am committed to using Open Source software just to prove that the entire site can be done with Open Source. Everyone said I couldn't do a mapping site with Open Source but I did and now I want to complete the project and replace all the graphics with images from Paint.NET. Thanks again !

This is the first plugin I downloaded. I don't quite have it down just yet, but it is exactly what I was looking for. I know after I work with it for a while, I'll get the hang of it. Very very nice effect. Thanks so much, I know I will use this a lot. My geography website is all open source except for the logos and other graphics on the Home Page, I use MapServer for the GIS mapping, but I am committed to using Open Source software just to prove that the entire site can be done with Open Source. Everyone said I couldn't do a mapping site with Open Source but I did and now I want to complete the project and replace all the graphics with images from Paint.NET. Thanks again !

You're welcome! Please give a link to you website...

Nice plugin! Now let's sparkle our teeth, without any brushing!! :mrgreen:

If the image is too light (white) the plugin is hanging, because all and every pixels are considered as a brilliant spot to add a sparkle to! And so it could be running for hours/days/weeks if the limit is high!

The glitters are created from the top-left corner to the bottom-right corner. So if the limit is too low only the top of the image is covered.

Read the post 1 for more details.

If the image is too light (white) the plugin is hanging, because all and every pixels are considered as a brilliant spot to add a sparkle to! And so it could be running for hours/days/weeks if the limit is high!

The glitters are created from the top-left corner to the bottom-right corner. So if the limit is too low only the top of the image is covered.