How to Install Plugins ×

ScriptLab

pyrochild

NOTE: This plugin no longer works. @pyrochild may release an update, but we have not heard from him in quite some time.

:UnsavedChangesSave:Download from my plugin set :UnsavedChangesSave:

btn_donate_SM.gif

Share your scripts: Sharing ScriptLab Scripts

You can use the search function to search by name, author (if the author's name can be determined), submenu, or adjustments menu.

http://i.imgur.com/BKB7IeK.png

This effect appears in the Advanced menu.

Effects > Advanced > ScriptLab

Use this plugin to create scripts and compilations of all of your other Paint.NET effects, adjustments, and plugins. You can save, load, and share your scripts.

:UnsavedChangesSave:Download from my plugin set :UnsavedChangesSave:

btn_donate_SM.gif

For developers: ScriptLab is on GitHub! https://github.com/bsneeze/pdn-scriptlab

• Upvote 1

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Revolutionizing PdN - FTW!

:-D Thanks, Pyro! Good work.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

This has the potential to be the best plugin available for Paint.NET... If only it could access the Tools, Colors, and Layers (three of the four child windows).

Is this possible?

--------------------------------------------------------

After a quick test, it appears that one action will overwrite another.

Here's an example of what I mean:

Open up any image

Open up ScriptLab

Goto Brightness/Contrast in ScriptLab, make some noticeable adjustments, click OK

Goto Borders in ScriptLab, apply some settings, click OK

After the border is applied, the Brightness/Contrast settings you chose earlier (in ScriptLab) are no longer applied to the image. It looks as if you've never made any Brightness/Contrast adjustments.

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

This has the potential to be the best plugin available for Paint.NET... If only it could access the Tools, Colors, and Layers (three of the four child windows).

Is this possible?

No. Keep in mind, though, that "Scripting and recorded actions" is on the roadmap for Paint.NET. When that's implemented, this plugin will be obsolete and your request may be possible. That's up to Rick, though.

After a quick test, it appears that one action will overwrite another.

Here's an example of what I mean:

Open up any image

Open up ScriptLab

Goto Brightness/Contrast in ScriptLab, make some noticeable adjustments, click OK

Goto Borders in ScriptLab, apply some settings, click OK

After the border is applied, the Brightness/Contrast settings you chose earlier (in ScriptLab) are no longer applied to the image. It looks as if you've never made any Brightness/Contrast adjustments.

If by Borders you mean Borders N' Shapes, then that's actually due to my original bad coding in that plugin, not this one. A new version of Borders N' Shapes was released 2 days ago, and fixed the issue.

xZYt6wl.png

If by Borders you mean Borders N' Shapes, then that's actually due to my original bad coding in that plugin, not this one. A new version of Borders N' Shapes was released 2 days ago, and fixed the issue.

That was it. After updating, there were no problems. Thanks for pointing me towards that update :)

Man, this plugin is a real time saver.

Way to go, Pyro! (hey, that rhymes :wink:)

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

This is amazing. It should be sticky'd.

What I don't get: Why "advanced" submenu? Undoubtedly it is "advanced", but I think this belongs directly into "effects" like codelab.

Or do you plan more "advanced" things?

I think CodeLab should go in the "Advanced" sub-Menu :)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

I'm really sorry Rick and everyone else but I gotta say this

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG (I know this is against the rules)

Pyro you are a genious, and for cryin out loud, how did you managed to get this algorithm? < I was gonna put more than one "?" but that is also against the rules and one fault is enough

This is just amazing

Now we can make Tutorial Pack's this is the best thing that ever happened here on PdN with Shape3D

I agree.

Next release of CodeLab will move it into the Advanced submenu.

So, basically Advanced means "Script based plug-in's" in this case.

The thing is, I don't get what this does. At all. What does it do, de-comiple a plug-in so you can see it's coding?

This plugin allows you to create a group of effects and adjustments that run, with the same settings, whenever you run the script. For instance, if you often sharpen, recolor, and then glow your images, just put it in ScriptLab and reload it every time you want to use it.

Yeah. This revolutionizes PdN. I vote for a sticky.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

The thing is, I don't get what this does. At all. What does it do, de-comiple a plug-in so you can see it's coding?

This AWESOME plugin let us do something that people request a lot, but applied only on the effects.

You start the ScriptLab and you see to your left a list of your plugins.

Then you chose what of them you want and when you start them it's just they normal way around.

When you have your setting for the plugin, it goes onto the right and starts the list of the thing used.

Then you repeat this process for whatever times you want with the plugins you have (any of them)

The most amazing thing Is the way that SL renders out side the main canvas.

And you can also move the list of used effects, and delete those you don't want, that it will render as if it was never there.

Incredible...

EDIT:

David you beated me!!

:(:(:(

anyway... I vote for a sticky 2 times :D :D :D :D

Plug'n iz d best! It beats Curves+!

I'd really like Rick to one day implement this plugin into Paint.NET, especially to allow access to actions like duplicating layers, flattening images, copying images, etc.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

This plug in is amazing! This should be implemented in to PDN or PDN should have a "history" of something similar to this. This is just fantastic. Yet another great plugin from Pyrochild :)

Yes this should be stickied.

47306796ff8.png

This plug in is amazing! This should be implemented in to PDN or PDN should have a "history" of something similar to this. This is just fantastic. Yet another great plugin from Pyrochild :)

Yes this should be stickied.

That's a good point! You can easily save and edit your history with this plugin. I hadn't even thought of that!

Blegh! Pyro, your thread is all sticky. :P

Awesome plugin. :)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

What I don't get: Why "advanced" submenu? Undoubtedly it is "advanced", but I think this belongs directly into "effects" like codelab.

Or do you plan more "advanced" things?

No, nothing else I'm working on at the moment would go into the Advanced menu. I though about putting it with no submenu, but that's just too crowded. I hate having to scroll down that list.

Pyro you are a genious, and for cryin out loud, how did you managed to get this algorithm?

A helluva lot of trial-and-error... Everyone give david.atwell, my beta tester, a round of applause for helping me get this plugin ready for release. Without his help, y'all would've suffered through a week worth of incredibly buggy versions...

I agree.

Next release of CodeLab will move it into the Advanced submenu.

Yay! That's what I was hoping for :D
Plug'n iz d best! It beats Curves+!
Really? Hmm.. I'm not so sure.
Blegh! Pyro' date=' your thread is all sticky. :P

Awesome plugin. :)[/quote']Thanks for the sticky. :D

No, it allows you to automate repetitive actions that you do on images. Say you took a set of photos, and they all came out a bit too dark and under-saturated. Instead of running Brightness / Contrast and Conditional Hue / Saturation or whatever steps you took to correct the first one over and over on each photo, you can just automate the process. Big time saver.

xZYt6wl.png

No, it allows you to automate repetitive actions that you do on images. Say you took a set of photos, and they all came out a bit too dark and under-saturated. Instead of running Brightness / Contrast and Conditional Hue / Saturation or whatever steps you took to correct the first one over and over on each photo, you can just automate the process. Big time saver.

Pyro, you are missing one aspect of the complete beauty of this plugin...

Not all of the plugins or adjustments allow you to save and load their settings. This plugin allows you to save the settings from any(iirc) of the plugins...WOW!

P.s. It's great for tutorials!!!

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Not all of the plugins or adjustments allow you to save and load their settings. This plugin allows you to save the settings from any(iirc) of the plugins...WOW!

P.s. It's great for tutorials!!!

That too. :D

xZYt6wl.png