pyrochild

Competition Ideas

pyrochild    297

i do have more in my life to do than refresh this forum every 10 seconds, (not being rude)

That is rude. Adding "not being rude" to something does not automatically make it polite.

"Not trying to be rude, but you're a complete and utter moron!" does not work.

And how do you expect to run a competition when you can't even be arsed to read the rules of threads you post in, or read something 2 posts above yours?

For the record, this is not the "volunteer to host a competition" thread, it's the competition ideas thread. Only if the suggester of an accepted idea does not want to run the competition should there be any self-nominations.

St1cki3    0

On a different note I have an idea. A competition to design a new logo for anything or modify an existing logo. I don't know how to word it, so if any of you know what I'm trying to get at, please explain it better :D. The themes could be specific to a single group/company/etc. or a general category (ex. restaurants, political parties, electronic stores, etc.).

On a different note I have an idea. A competition to design a new logo for anything or modify an existing logo. I don't know how to word it, so if any of you know what I'm trying to get at, please explain it better :D. The themes could be specific to a single group/company/etc. or a general category (ex. restaurants, political parties, electronic stores, etc.).

I know exactly what you are saying. Take an existing logo and redesign it. Like they did for the latest Star Trek movie logo.

Funny thing.....while I was trying to come up with the theme for the SAC this week, I thought maybe have a comp that would be to design a movie or TV poster for a SciFi show that hasn't been made yet. You know like the next Star Trek movie or a new Babylon 5 movie or even a comic book character that a movie hasn't been made for yet. You would be able to use stock images from existing movies, but the text and logo would have to be original as would the movie title.

St1cki3    0

Yeah, but you can also make a new logo if you prefer. I was thinking it can be any size from 150*150 and onwards. But of course if it's bigger than 800*600 you should link to it. Like you said stocks are allowed, but everything else has to be original (except the name). And I guess the rest of the rules should be pretty much the same as the *OTW comps...

• No crude / offensive language, pics, etc.
  • Only one entry per person. Minor modifications are allowed after you post, but PM the host telling what changes you want to make. If the host finds it too major, you can't make changes and will just have to deal with it. You will only have one time to ask, you can't ask for a 2nd time.
  • You must post the URLs to any and all stock images used in the image.
  • You may not post previously made images.
  • Any other questions PM the host, or post in the discussion thread.

And that's all. Oh and if this goes through, can the first theme be what you said Possum?

P.S. It should run for 2 weeks, other than weekly or monthly (Bi-Weekly Logo Contest? (BWLC)). Sheesh I've made a lot of edits to this post...:P

Edited by St1cki3

St1cki3    0

Ah I forgot about those stubborn copyright laws...But you're not really breaking any copyright laws; We're not making money off any of these, and we're giving credit to the original maker of the logo. :|

St1cki3    0

Well US copyright laws are outrageous...Look what the music industry did to Napster. Who knows what lengths companies will go to? D:

Yeah, but you can also make a new logo if you prefer. I was thinking it can be any size from 150*150 and onwards. But of course if it's bigger than 800*600 you should link to it. Like you said stocks are allowed, but everything else has to be original (except the name). And I guess the rest of the rules should be pretty much the same as the *OTW comps...

• No crude / offensive language, pics, etc.
  • Only one entry per person. Minor modifications are allowed after you post, but PM the host telling what changes you want to make. If the host finds it too major, you can't make changes and will just have to deal with it. You will only have one time to ask, you can't ask for a 2nd time.
  • You must post the URLs to any and all stock images used in the image.
  • You may not post previously made images.
  • Any other questions PM the host, or post in the discussion thread.

And that's all. Oh and if this goes through, can the first theme be what you said Possum?

P.S. It should run for 2 weeks, other than weekly or monthly (Bi-Weekly Logo Contest? (BWLC)). Sheesh I've made a lot of edits to this post...:P

I wouldn't mind at all, but there is a chance that it might be used in the SAC since people have now seen the idea here.

Simon Brown    38

I'm no longer running Misc and WSC. Since the current ones haven't received any entries (possibly due to moving to PM entry), I've moved both of them to the archives. If you want to take over, feel free to nominate yourself.

csm725    7

I'm placing AVOTW on hiatus for now. I think I would like to make a Logo of the Week comp... Pyro do you approve?

E: I mean like - the theme is "Music Records Company" and you make a logo for an imaginary Music Records Company. Could be quite fun.

Edited by csm725

I'm placing AVOTW on hiatus for now. I think I would like to make a Logo of the Week comp... Pyro do you approve?

E: I mean like - the theme is "Music Records Company" and you make a logo for an imaginary Music Records Company. Could be quite fun.

Sounds like fun. I'll try to enter if I have time. I love logos!

St1cki3    0

Oh wow I had a similar idea, except mine was to modify existing logos/or make your own lol. Great, I will most likely enter too!

Oh wow I had a similar idea, except mine was to modify existing logos/or make your own lol. Great, I will most likely enter too!

I thought I'd heard that idea before...... from the previous page.......

jerkfight    17

I'm just curious what happened to Monthly Skinning Contest? I was hoping to participate in it sometime soon, and POOF it's gone?

EDIT: Oh, there's a weekly skinning contest now. However, it hasn't been held in a while it seems.

Edited by jerkfight

pdnnoob    257

It seems a little too specialized...perhaps we can generalize a bit and change to "paint job contest" or something. That way, the contest host can find a new picture of a vehicle or other object as the contest "theme." Everyone could be painting a house or a car one week and painting a bird or a plane the next.