pyrochild

Competition Ideas

Would people take part in Signature of the Week if it was restarted? Shame to see a competition die.

And can I restart/host it please? :roll:

Edited by TheHowler

If this bump isn't allowed then sorry, I checked the rules and wasn't sure.

Bump, reason: been over a week.

And I hope I don't come of as rude doing this either. :P

TheHower,

I like like the idea for Signature of the Week. I think it would give people another opportunity to show off their work. I've got quite a few piling up from just playing around with the tutorials.

I also like the idea of creating my own evil twin.

How rude of you 'Howler :P:lol:

You get my vote ... as long as you stick around once you start hosting it. Weylin is AWOL after starting to host the logo comp :/

Shame as I thought it was one of my better topic choices ...

I agree with Welshie, once you start it you better stick around and keep it going. You get my vote if you're willing to step up and keep it running. I think it's an important comp that needs to be running every week or every two weeks. It was the reason I got into the comps in the first place. I would like to see it run in the same format as it did in the past, but that is really up to you to decide.

Yeah, I'll stick around and run it, if I ever can't do it I'll find someone to take over.

And you're doing a fine job :)

Logo of The Week. Weylin seems to be missing in action since December the 19th ... I'd be happy to host it if he doesn't return by the end of the month.

Dependent of course, on another person seconding it

You could even take the logo competition a bit further and do advertisement of the week, and you could either make it mandatory that it be a banner ad like you see on the internet, or a full/half page magazine ad, or just allow anything.

Nearly a month later and Weylin still hasn't checked in.

Schnicka is right - this could be such a great competition. As the winner of the last comp I had suggested a logo for a fictional anti-virus programme.

Failing me taking it over I'd be happy to see anyone do it as long as they're planning to stick around ...

I think a fun competition would be a book/album/movie cover competition. The theme could be a certain title, or genre, or something along those lines. I don't think I'd be able to host, as unfortunately I don't get on a whole lot anymore, but I'd love to see it work out :)

I vote yes because fortnightly is the coolest word I've heard all day.

I hate it. Bi-Weekly sounds more positive

I know it's another 2 weeks of my life gone. But hopefully I can still be the life & soul in the logo competition thread >:O

@ Schnicka ... why does your name conjure up the image of a chocolate bar ... ? Although I must admit I preferred them when they were called Marathon bars

On a more sane note ... the winner of the the logo comp will be able to choose the theme. As long as there is a logo or banner stipulation so all those ideas could work

I think the landscape competition would be really cool! I know i'm still not very famous on the forum but I' ll be glad to host a comp so you' ll be nice to tell me if you need someone to host :D

I think the landscape competition would be really cool! I know i'm still not very famous on the forum but I' ll be glad to host a comp so you' ll be nice to tell me if you need someone to host :D

Before you can host I would think you need to show that you can follow the rules ( sig battles comes to mind ) :(

I have an idea for a competition.

How about a "Tutorial of the month" comp ? I'm sure many people have created a tute for themselves but have not posted them in the tutorials publishing only thread incase it get's locked or booted off. One of the admin could watch over the comp and the winner each month has their tutorial posted in the publishing thread. That way everyone here benefits from some new tutes and learns something new to do or create with PDN.

Just a thought :)

<Edit> Nevermind, It has been mentioned previously.

Edited by nitenurse79

I don't know how many people are familiar with the fark website, but they have people photoshop selected images. Maybe you can do the same here, except you'd be "Paint.netting" it.

EDIT:

farkphotoshop.png

So basically it would work like the reskinning competition, only that you're free to do whatever you want to the image - not just reskin or recolor.

Edited by jim100361

A good idea jim, but just look at how many comps are stalling due to lack of participants :| It's the same thing, no one wants comps to die off / fade away, but there is only ever a hand full of people entering them, I know that you can't make people enter comps, but it's a catch 22 situation. Members want comps, but members won't join in. SOTW used to get far more entrants before, as did the Logo / Banner comp.

It's a members forum, so let's see more getting involved and showing off their creations by entering the comps we have now :)