Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr.Bobert

Advancedish Planet - V2

45 posts in this topic

I love this tutorial! The planets are outstanding! Here are two that I made, my first and one experimenting with adding craters.

cratered.png

planetpt2.png

Edited by nightcrafter27

great tut...

but lappy is slowing down after some (or too many) layers...

and at last i finished one...

but without the nebulae stuff...

my lappy hanged twice...

dunno why but at least i didnt forget to save my work...

well here it is...

=^_^=

th_planettutv2ver2.jpg

Beautiful! It's great to know that there's such good tutorials out there! (This is my first post/reply ever and I wanted it to be on a great tutorial ;) )

Amazing tutorial, thanks a lot :) I never knew dents could be so helpful! I didn't try the city part, but might well the next time I have a go at making a planet. Would be awesome if you did some more tutorials, particularly planet textures if you ever have the time. :P
My result after messing around a bit, going to leave it as my wallpaper for a while. ;)

(some day I'll figure out how to put in thumbnails...) 

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/Trekker47/spacefire_zps7de70387.png?t=1367833586

Edited by Trekker47

I just had a run through this tutorial today but anyways, I decided not to go technical and applied my own techniques at the later parts. I'm also very new to this forum as I've recently just getting used to Paint.NET. All hail to the Clouds and Dents effects..

Its my first try on this one. But its not bad for a beginner right?

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp80/Billthebad/PlanetandMoon.png?t=1369403093

Edited by Ishi

You know, I had a lot of interest in planets when I was in highschool. This  could be my chance to finally create my artist impressions of extrasolar worlds that exist beyond the realm of our solar system. I have yet to master the manipulation of Clouds and Dents I gotta get that rotate layer plugin to make those rings..

I gotta get that rotate layer plugin to make those rings..

It's built into paint.net (in the Layer menu, or use the hotkey ctrl+shift+z)

It's built into paint.net (in the Layer menu, or use the hotkey ctrl+shift+z)

Thanks. I found out about it and now my planet has a ring. I don't like using Radial Blur so I manually created 2 grayish rings on one layer, centered 2 of them together and used Guassian Blur then rotated them to an angle.

This was actually my first tut that i followed here. Had a decent result. Wasnt to happy about the planet texture though, but it worked until i can get better.

Added a few other things from other tutorials as well.

http://i.imgur.com/idD4b8m.png

I'm not going to unpin this topic, but be aware that Gaussian Blur Plus (a 'recommended' plugin for this tutorial) is going to be incompatible with Paint.NET v4.0.

I'm not going to unpin this topic, but be aware that Gaussian Blur Plus (a 'recommended' plugin for this tutorial) is going to be incompatible with Paint.NET v4.0.

It still works

I'm going off of EER's list.  I'm just noticing you posted the same thing there, too...Well, this may need further investigation.

Tis a preliminary list. Subject to change. I may need to simply update my version of GB+.

Wow, I really like the second one, but both are very cool. B)

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

Yes I think the second one is best, although I think you could drop the rings. They just don`t look right and draw your attention away from the excellent planet. Good job though. :)