Sign in to follow this  
Simon Brown

CustomFrame Plugin 1.5

Allows you to add a pre-created frame to your image.

selectaframe921gi5.png

Share your frames

How to Use

1. Create an image you want to use as a frame.

2. Save the image in the folder My Documents/Paint.NET User Files/Custom Frames as a PNG.

3. Open your picture you want to frame.

4. Menu: Effects -> Render -> Add Custom Frame...

5. The dropdown list gives you the list of frames (PNG images) in the folder My Documents/Paint.NET User Files/Custom Frames

Update Log

1.5: Speed increase, blend modes, replaced "no-frame" text

Copyright

Copyright © Simon Brown 2008

Use at your own risk.

CustomFrame.zip

Im not sure what this really does cause it's extremely slow for some reason. Could you post some screenshots please?

A Suggestion for you: Blending Modes. I think (not completely sure) that you can call on this method because I know of a few other plugins that do that. Of course, those plugins belonging to BoltBait and Pyro who never release their src. Would be extremely handy though! Other than that, looks great!

A Suggestion for you: Blending Modes. I think (not completely sure) that you can call on this method because I know of a few other plugins that do that. Of course, those plugins belonging to BoltBait and Pyro who never release their src. Would be extremely handy though! Other than that, looks great!

Yes... Blending Modes, I knew I was forgeting to request something... I second this :D

Please, forgive my thickness, but isn't the option 'no frame' a little redundant? If you do not want a frame, then you do not open the plugin.

If that option serves another purpose, perhaps a rephrase is in order, something maybe along the lines of 'Please select...'?

Please, forgive my thickness, but isn't the option 'no frame' a little redundant? If you do not want a frame, then you do not open the plugin.

If that option serves another purpose, perhaps a rephrase is in order, something maybe along the lines of 'Please select...'?

It is so that the user can see what the image looks like without a frame.

I actually think it's a good feature. It might be better implemented as a "Preview" checkbox, though...

Mmm, yes, now I'm aware of what it does, it appears to be a neat little feature you have there. Although, a checkbox or other means seems more appropriate - I may only be one person, but if I thought it silly because the wording made me unaware of its purpose, chance are others might, too.

Just a thought. Keep the idea though, it's good.

:roll:
I think I might know where you're coming from. Why give the user the chance to preview their own image un-bordered when they should already know what the image looks like without it anyway. I think, whilst a valid and agreeable point, the need to switch between a rendered and non-rendered image is important for the decision whether to keep the border or not.

:roll:
I think I might know where you're coming from. Why give the user the chance to preview their own image un-bordered when they should already know what the image looks like without it anyway. I think, whilst a valid and agreeable point, the need to switch between a rendered and non-rendered image is important for the decision whether to keep the border or not.

Agreed. And yes that's a logical thing to do, to be able to see the original... ok, sorry sabrown.

But just one thing, can you put a checkbox that would override the rendering process or make so fast (by drawing nothing) that would be un-noticable?

Take away the word "custom"

Exactly, there are many plugins availible to do frames but mine is the only one I have seen that allows the user to create their own frames.

Perhaps, i don't understand "frame", but, I'm sure I don't understand your plugin.

..we can't choose the size of anything (lines, frame size)

..we can't adjust the opacity

..only one simple frame without relief.

..it is slow

..the plugin on a white page gives only two possibilities, how could I create mine?

Mine TOO is the only one I have seen that allows the user to create their own frames.

Test it!

a few days ago i had an idea to make loads of sig borders and put them on deviant art...then you make a custom frame plugin..

this looks pretty cool but from what ive read...its slow.. :D

I'm reluctant to join this conversation but Sabrown why are you doing this plugin effect when there are other better frame making ones already avail?

madjik's I've been using for ages and it by far tops what you've offered here. unless your screen shots are not in any way offering what the full potential is on this, I can not even see my self downloading and testing.

ciao

Oma

@oma: thank you for your support...

@sabrown100: it's a good idea to have a transparent frame, but you should offer the possibility to adjust it, at least...

Wow this is a nice addon and people are dissing it already...

Just :AddNewLayer: add layer and run the plugin and then adject layer opacity... I mean, seriously, quit crying people. If you don't like it, don't use it...

no actually not dishing it. but there are already plugins that offer fuller potential than this one. Sabrown is a fairly good programmer and his work would be better utilized by not reinventing the wheel so to speak.