How to Install Plugins ×

CustomFrame Plugin 1.5

no problem Sabrown just didn't want you to put a lot of work into something that's there already. you have good skills wouldn't want to waste them repeating something.

The main barrier I face in writing new plugins is thinking of new plugins to write.

and that my friend is a problem. my advise spend a lot of time working on some pictures ask some of the more experienced members what would make their work less time consuming.

have you finished with the brushes? I'm still watching for active selections to make that full featured.

The main barrier I face in writing new plugins is thinking of new plugins to write.

Yes, simple types of plugins are easy to think of and already created.

I think too it will be more and more difficult to find an original and attractive plugin in a near futur.

So, it will be the time to revise the oldest and give them a new fresh UI with some new ideas.

As example the plugins+ we had (Noise+, Curve+, etc..)

You could find my sources and reuse them to produce the Frame+

I think we could try to accept to work alltogether and share the ideas to create a really good plugin instead of a bunch of small plugins to do one specific thing.

See how I've changed the Rainbow Twist, Moire, etc...

And why not, share your source, create a contest with it to see how we(I) could brind added value to it...

Sorry for double post, but I want to leave the previous as it is.

I've use reflector to have a look at the program... It makes me understand how it works!

Yes, I want now to apologize. There is no possible comparison with my Frame plugin, and they are (in a way) made to work together...

@sabrown100: your explanations aren't clear enough, the rest (the plugin) is great!

This plugin is more like the alphamask plugin or the custom brushes plugin.

1. Create an image you want to use as a frame.

2. Save the image in the folder My Documents/Paint.NET User Files/Custom Frames

3. Open your picture you want to frame.

4. Menu Effect / Render /Add a frame...

5. The dropdown list gives you the list of frames in the folder My Documents/Paint.NET User Files/Custom Frames

Hope it's more clear now for everyone...

Yes, simple types of plugins are easy to think of and already created.

I think too it will be more and more difficult to find an original and attractive plugin in a near futur.

So, it will be the time to revise the oldest and give them a new fresh UI with some new ideas.

As example the plugins+ we had (Noise+, Curve+, etc..)

You could find my sources and reuse them to produce the Frame+

I think we could try to accept to work alltogether and share the ideas to create a really good plugin instead of a bunch of small plugins to do one specific thing.

See how I've changed the Rainbow Twist, Moire, etc...

And why not, share your source, create a contest with it to see how we(I) could brind added value to it...

I haven't got a chance to try this out yet, but in any case MadJik is correct with his statment above.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Sorry to go a little offtopic, but that is an absolutely fantastic philosophy.

QFT

Yes! Do that :D I know that too many cooks spoil the broth / steak / whatever but still a little teamwork isn't going to hurt anyone is it?

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, I am having soo much fun now that I have discovered your plug-ins. I'm sorry, when I press the download button it dosen't come up like normal to "save". I justcomes up "downloading information", with a chance to cancel. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you mish1011 :oops:

• 2 years later...