The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

@blooper vacation was great saw the whales loved it. unfortunately those things surface and move so fast the pics look a bit like big old black rocks against the grey water surface. I'll have to try to draw them while still fresh in my memory.

the trip was real good sightseeing fab but now need to buckle down ...do the laundry! and catch up my sleep.

loved you pic now I know a bit about you.

chow OMA

At last, I've discovered a quick and easy way of making fairly nice starscapes (with planets). This took me about 2 minutes, and obviously made use of the Shape 3D plugin:

planet-1.png

Now to add some atmosphere!

@sozo. If you uncheck the box for specular highlighting in shape3D, it removes that glare. That makes planets seem a lot more realistic.

Fixed, but not removed in the final version. Made it less bright and more diffused.

Anyways, how did we used to make spacescapes without s3D?

The sphere effect. It was nowhere near as effective.

Welcome back Oma! Keep the pictures coming!

Now, a slightly more complete version of the planet/space scene I posted before. Note: I'm not done yet. Here it is.

Click for full size (widescreen):

PlanetSceneMini.png

@sozo

couple things, I love the picture first of all I might think about changing it to my background when your done. however.

I know your not done but earth looks a bit pixelated around the top and in and around the clouds, and the starscape seems somewhat messy? can't really describe it, looks good though.

knight.jpg

Site: RIP =(

@sozo...I know your not done but earth looks a bit pixelated around the top and in and around the clouds...

Yep. Workin' on it.

and the starscape seems somewhat messy? can't really describe it, looks good though.

The swirls, you mean? I'm not quite happy with those. Eventually, they'll look like tiny, far off galaxies.

@Sozo: nicely done! :)

I am finally back at college so I will probably have some more time to play around with Paint.Net (and Reason 3.0 :D). So I ask you all: what can I do to improve this image?

And yes, that is me. ;)

rework your entire face

jk

knight.jpg

Site: RIP =(

th_QTele.png

Vern, do you know what I don't like about your image? They are too sharp, I believe. For exemple, look at the outline of the letters. Or that sort of pattern in the background. I assume you used layers for those, if not, next time, do so, and use the eather plug-in. And for the text, outline object with different colors should be used. If you used Sine waves to distort the text, remember to use anti-aliasation.

Just my two cents.

@T_Lh

Keep the cup! However, I think you should color the face. Or the most important part of the picture, if it's not the face.

Sig-1.png

If you put _th before the image name in the url it'll turn it into a thumbnail :)

Really nice work I like it, the only criticism is that you can see where the fractal ends on the sides.

That aside it is very nice :)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D