The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

I have a question, BoltBait. Was your avatar drawn by you? If yes, awesome. :D

Thanks!

Yes, I drew it in 2 parts. I drew the face using Sketch It! on my Pocket PC. Then, I drew the clothes and colored it in MS Paint.

Sketch It! has a great feature in that the line width while drawing changes based on how fast you are moving the stylist. When moving slowly it draws fine lines. When drawing fast it draws fat lines. It has a very natural feel.

BTW, if you want to see how close my drawing is to me, look at this page: http://www.geocities.com/boltbaits/picture/

i made a sunset, useing a couple tut's on this website, when i post it, if you want the pdn, (in witch explains to you with all the layers and such, in witch you can view it in two ways, dark and light (dark version showed) by just makeing the top 2 layers invisible...) if you want the pdn, please e-mail me at of.picc.84@gmail.com ...

hears what i got for my first try...

sunset1qm2.jpg

lol, i just realized i blurred everything WAY to much, w/e

I have a question, BoltBait. Was your avatar drawn by you? If yes, awesome. :D

Thanks!

Yes, I drew it in 2 parts. I drew the face using Sketch It! on my Pocket PC. Then, I drew the clothes and colored it in MS Paint.

Sketch It! has a great feature in that the line width while drawing changes based on how fast you are moving the stylist. When moving slowly it draws fine lines. When drawing fast it draws fat lines. It has a very natural feel.

BTW, if you want to see how close my drawing is to me, look at this page: http://www.geocities.com/boltbaits/picture/

You did a really good job!

@Picc84: Yeah.. have a few more goes and you'll get a better result! It's all about experimentation ;)

If you're not into numbers, call me Chris!

i made a sunset, useing a couple tut's on this website, when i post it, if you want the pdn, (in witch explains to you with all the layers and such, in witch you can view it in two ways, dark and light (dark version showed) by just makeing the top 2 layers invisible...) if you want the pdn, please e-mail me at of.picc.84@gmail.com ...

hears what i got for my first try...

sunset1qm2.jpg

lol, i just realized i blurred everything WAY to much, w/e

hey, i did something similar to my mum's b-day!

sig6rj3.png

wo.... *high* thats awesome! *out of state of being high*

How???

I'll try to describe the process from memory. It took about 1/2 hour to complete.

[*:6321f]Create the background sky by making a fade from sky blue to red (in the middle) to dark red (under the water).
    [*:6321f]Create the clouds using pink/red with gray outlines. But, don't blur yet. BTW, clouds look best with flat bottoms.
    [*:6321f]Create a red circle for the sun (use the shift key to constrain to a true circle)
    [*:6321f]Adjust the position of the sun and clouds
    [*:6321f]Flatten the image
    [*:6321f]Guassian Blur the whole image (I used ~22-25 I think)
    [*:6321f]Draw a blue square for the water on a new layer
    [*:6321f]Select that square and add noise to it
    [*:6321f]Then, add a motion blur (direction 0, distance 10-20ish)
    [*:6321f]Change the opacity of the water to about 85-90% so the red shows through in spots. (Not too much)
    [*:6321f]Draw a half circle for the reflection of the sun on a new layer (red)
    [*:6321f]Add noise to it and do the same direction blur as your water
    [*:6321f]Guassian Blur the sun reflection (4-5 I think)
    [*:6321f]Magic wand "some" of that half circle. This is the only really tricky part. You will need to play with tolerance a bit so that when you use the wand, randomly about 1/2 of the red half-circle is selected. Delete it.
    [*:6321f]Adjust the opacity of the sun reflection layer for desired effect.
    [*:6321f]Flatten the image
    [*:6321f]Select the horizon by selecting 2 pixels high and all the way across (1 pixel of red and 1 of blue)
    [*:6321f]Guassian Blur (2). That should soften the horizon a bit.

And, you're done. Resize the image down from 800x600 to your final size and output as JPG (85-90% quality).

It wouldn't do you much good.

Once you flatten the layers there's nothing to be learned from the PDN file.

Just read over the instructions given above and try to duplicate the final image. Show your results and tell me where you had trouble and maybe I can help.

btw, i'am still in aww

I'm guessing you meant 'awe' ;) 'Aww' is what you say when looking at cute bunnies, puppies, or kittens.

Lol, yea Rick, i guess your right.... although "BoltBait" may look like a cute bunnie... haha

i got borred some times wile i was on vacations.....so...here is the work i did there!

solarmv3.th.jpg

onfirewc6.th.jpg

it's some of them =/ i'll do some anime tomorrow!!! =D then i'll show it to you guys!

The top image on hear is realy good when you view it small, but when you make it bigger its not so good... but i like it, anyways, how bout your anime??? do you ever make it just useing pdn??

the lines were drawn on paper then scanned and finnaly coloured on PdN by indirect method tuturial wich was created by probably one of the best drawers you can find in this whole forum!

hate my animes =/ it seems so rubish......tomorow mybe i'll begine one if i have time ^^

bannercodeah7.png