Best Font(s) For Sigs?

It all completely and entirely depends on the style of the sig, the color scheme, the texture, the words, etc. There are entire classes dedicated to this. :-) Look through dafont.com and see what you like.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Sometimes, you have simple vector images, where fonts like Times New Roman or Franklin Gothic are the best, and other times, you have some radical image with lots to look at and you use a tiny 6-pixel-tall bitmap font, and other times where you want the text itself to be the focus of the image, so you use something from DaFont. Otherwise, use either Calibri, Segoe, or Verdana.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

I don't know if I agree with that. Dafont has a lot of good Serif and Sans-serif body and title fonts, to go with their other stuff. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Take pyrochilds current sig for example. It reminds of me a drink such as coco cola (which is a "relaxing" drink"), therefore, the font is perfect becuase it also looks "relaxed".

lol...

One apologises for one's stupidity, but one wishes to know what does "lol" mean? Does it mean "funny/laughing"? If so, one wonders what is so funny about ones post?

One means I/me/my/mine

So what is the best and nicest font for use on sigs...

This is a question that can never be answered with a specific font.

The best font for one signature wouldn't necessarily be the best font for another sig.

The bottom line for me is: Font choice depends on the other thematic elements and the overall feel of the target graphic.

So what fonts are worth downloading then???

You are not getting what all the posters above are trying to tell you? It depends on the person, everyone will like different fonts because everyone have different tastes, different styles and different needs.

yea like i prefer more emo gotic fonts due to the way i am :D but then again i also like other things...(like the ps2 font or techno things)

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

Just find one YOU like. Don't worry about what other people think. We're just some folks on the internet; only you know what YOU enjoy. Fonts are art, plain and simple, and no two people have exactly the same taste in art. We can tell you what works well with a certain style, but in the end all it comes down to is something YOU like.

Everyone is making good points; however, as someone mentioned already drive-by style in this thread, there is a legibility issue regardless of how appropriate a font might be for a particular signature, and regardless of an individual's personal taste. Even some of the standard fonts, though attractive, can be very difficult to read on web pages, not to mention inside images.

1223994961_newstonesoup.png

... I should have been a pair of ragged claws ... - T.S. Eliot

Taboo Monkey Blue Blog: Writing on Writing - Sudoku Tips and Tricks - The Greatest Maze

Taboo I love your sig! Its beautiful...very slick and smart! Thanks for the reply aswel...i have come to the conclusion of this site does not criticise as bad as other photo manipulation/creation site's...thanks for all of the replies though guys!

MarcusFenixSigWIP.png