What feature do you think Pdn needs the most?

Seriously... I know this is already a great program, and everyone always talks about new features, I'm just interested in everyones ideas...

My feature would probably be some better layer organization.

and for my all time that I'd like to see (so does EVERYONE else) would be the whole brushes thing. But until than, I'm happy...

Just curious...

Thanks

I have only a few things I would like to see added.

• 1. A better print feature than just the Microsoft Printing Wizard.
    2. I agree with Picc84 the brush thing would be a great feature.
    3. A way to put your drawing on the desktop as centered, stretched, or tiled.
    4. A way to sort your effects as you see fit.

eatapeachhp5.png

Aren't all of these already on the popular feature requests thread? C'mon guys. Please follow the rules, don't go repeating all the features that are already listed there.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I'd like to see all the drawing tools (square, circle, etc.) have adjustable nubs.
Until they're finalized?

Yes. Until they're finalized.

I don't expect this to turn into a vector drawing program.

Here's another one:

I would like to be able to adjust the selection (make it bigger/smaller/move it, etc.) while an effect dialog box is open.

Aren't all of these already on the popular feature requests thread? C'mon guys. Please follow the rules, don't go repeating all the features that are already listed there.
And I could have been using that all this time!

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

More thorough handle of the selections: manual parameter setting, change the form, center the selection, adapt the ratio/contract/dilate, transformation and most important: saving/opening.

Better graphics tablets handle .

That's right. :)

- Selection management tools, allowing you to save/load selections, grow and shrink them, etc.

- A "copy as transparent" feature, where you can paste something from your clipboard and all pixels of a certain color (in Paint Shop Pro this is your selected background color) are fully transparant.

- Brush hardness (if this is not already possible). Most paint programs allow you to use a softer brush, which allows you to easily draw something like this:

http://www.dreamdealer.nl/upload/img/techno/003.jpg

- Brush hardness (if this is not already possible). Most paint programs allow you to use a softer brush, which allows you to easily draw something like this:

http://www.dreamdealer.nl/upload/img/techno/003.jpg

I believe this would fall in hand with new brushes but I believe this could easily come before, as a simple tool like our "change brush size" bar.

• 2 weeks later...

I was working on this last night and I realized that it would be really cool if there was an option to set which direction an effect preview renders from.

RingPlanet_sm.png

The original is 2000px². When applying effects to the bottom of the image I have to wait for it to get through a 1500px² area. I know that I could just select the area I want to effect to apply to, but what if the effect runs outside of that area.

I was thinking something like this:

render.png

Dropdow menu:

Downward ↓

Upward ↑

Left â†

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

I would like to be able to move windows and zoom in and out while making adjustments or applying effects. Sometimes I need to cancel the effect to close the windows and zoom in/out and then load the effect again (and on my AMD, that isn't the funnest thing in the world).

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb