What feature do you think Pdn needs the most?

I just think that it wouldn't be that hard to either have it as a part of the individual effects or as a program wide option.

This is something that I have never seen in any other image editor and I think it would set PDN apart!

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

It doesn't matter if any other software does or doesn't have it implemented. It's not a good feature to have because it's putting a weird burden on the user and makes them think that they should need to understand what to do with that button. It's like the Clear History button that was removed for v3.05 -- that button made some people nervous because they had systems with low memory and they thought that they had to push it every once in awhile to keep their memory use low. But that wasn't the case because the history items weren't even being saved in memory, they were saved to disk, and so the button literally had no real effect and thus no purpose. So I killed it.

The fact that I deliberately avoid options like this is what sets Paint.NET apart -- not the inclusion of features like this.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I've never work with bruses...what are they?

Go to: http://www.paint.net they properly know. :lol:

Sorry, I just couldn’t resist. I would like brushes to. Something like the once in ArtRage. But that is properly a huge amount of code.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

I think that there should be a select few brushes that come with PDN, then someone (meaning BoltBait :P) could write brush plugins that could downloaded and dropped into a 'Brushes' folder, similar to the effects folder.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Yea, brushes would be cool. Also, a spray paint tool. A really cool addition, not sure what everybody else thinks about this though, would be a fullscreen mode. That is the only thing I liked about the GIMP. This is really good when you're working with larger pictures.

I'm still alive!

There is discussion about needing a format, perhaps folders under the Effects Menu which I feel is needed.

I also would like to be able to relocate the Effects Folder, perhaps to My Documents where it is eash to add effects, add folders and most important to back up this file. This folder should not be removed on uninstall.

The more logically needed effects that are built in make the program more friendly. An example is Graycstorian for noise control, which i now use as an Effect, that is open source and would be nice to be built-in.

layers seems to lack a Flatten command to merge all layers, but merge down is able to perform most merging of layers by moving the layers around, in lieu of a hide layer command.

Will

SigPDN1.gif

...I also would like to be able to relocate the Effects Folder, perhaps to My Documents where it is eash to add effects, add folders and most important to back up this file. This folder should not be removed on uninstall...

This is a very bad idea. It would make troubleshooting effect problems impossible.

Requiring everyone to install the different effects in the same place actually makes installing effects easier for new users.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

A really cool addition...would be a fullscreen mode...This is really good when you're working with larger pictures.

That's a brilliant idea, also for the people with smaller screens. My 1024x768 at times bugs me to the extreme and so would be very handy to have a full screen mode (F11 like in Firefox?).

Great idea Frojo.

Returning to my Effects folder located under My Documents. I currently have "My PSP Files" and "My Gimp Files" located there, one (PSP) is installed by the program. As PDN grows there will be need for Brushes, Plug-Ins Etc and the user needs to add to the folders. This is one of the easiest approaches, well demonstratred over several years that it has been used in other programs.

Having installed Paint.Net on several computers, most users are reluctant, or not capable of finding the Effects folder within the Program Area. I know because I end up doing it for them. With third party Plug-Ins and scripds it seems appropriate to make this easy especially since they are in a .dll format.

from a programming standpoint it is quite simple to point to, both or either, Folder for loading Effects or to allow users to select Effects.

SigPDN1.gif

You know when you save an image as a JPEG or other file types like it? You should be able to zoom in and out for the preview on the right.

And another thing I would want is to be able to move windows when applying an effect or adjustment. Maybe be able to zoom in and out too?

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Hello,

I'm just tried this excellent paint.NET 3.05 (I noticed interesting plugins like DDS or

Normal map).

I looked into the forum to find a way for perspective change.

I found that "you can achieve a similar effect with the Rotate / Zoom... transformation under the Layers menu" or use the Octagonal/Quad reshape/matte plugin.

However, it is difficult to make precise perspective change.

1) So I wish there were, like in PaintShop, a more convenient perspective change tool (in the full size window):

rectifyperspectivern1.th.jpg

2) and horizon rectification tool (by drawing the wanted horizon line in the full size window):

horizoncorrectionrv1.th.jpg

3) and a visible grid even when not at more than 200% zoom

1) So I wish there were, like in PaintShop, a more convenient perspective change tool (in the full size window):

rectifyperspectivern1.th.jpg

hi,

i second that. it is one of my most often used features in photoshop. in ps it is called "perspective crop".

step 1. select

cropstep1kf4.gif

step 2. adjust corners

cropstep2fj4.gif

step 3. final result

cropstep3qx1.gif

thanks for an otherwise excellent program!

I use EXIF information and currently must use another image program such as Picasa2 to check the information. This along with more and larger brush options, crop and print options, moving flatten to the layer menu, fixing Effects menu and adding better noise options to the Effects menu are on my current wish list.

I also feel that the people voting for Not keeping Help are not the people that use it, as noted elsewhere they don't post to the Forums.

SigPDN1.gif