What feature do you think Pdn needs the most?

I also feel that the people voting for Not keeping Help are not the people that use it, as noted elsewhere they don't post to the Forums.

The help is not being removed. It is being moved online. Get your facts straight before complaining.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Adding to the lasso comment above, what about a straight lasso, for instance using right click to draw straight line for the selection as well as left to free-draw? That way square/rectangle/circle aren't the only shapes available.

I think(?) I might have heard this elsewhere but can't confirm.

1. That isn't "one of my most often used features in photoshop".

2. There's a plugin for that.

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=3107

o.k. maybe not most often used, but it really is one of the features i need photoshop for. i did not find any other program that would do this thing so easily and effortlessly.

and no, the proposed plug-in does not cut it. actually you have to move the *opposite* corners of the selection in the plug-in to compensate for the perspective. and not on the real image but on a small thumbnail of the image in the plug-in window. not really intuitive and easy to use at all.

btw, i use it for cropping pictures of slides taken with a camera during presentations, lectures, etc..

A channel window that can toggle show/hide, lock/unlock, creative/remove any (R/G/B/A..) channel.

Hmm. A check box in the Layer Properties window, so you can lock a layer, and can’t edit it by accident might bee nice.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

Hmm. A check box in the Layer Properties window, so you can lock a layer, and can’t edit it by accident might bee nice.

+1.

But I think it's coming in v4 with the other stuff .

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

This might have been discussed here, but it is getting late and I did not take the time to go through 4 pages worth of stuff...

Any chance we could get a strecth tool? That is the only thing in "MS Paint" that I occasionally used that is missing (maybe I just don't know how to do it).

By strecth I am referring to the ability to select an area, then grab a side and move the selection perpendicular in that direction. This obviously just grows the selected portion of the image in that direction. That type of feature can be useful and seems like it would be easy to code.

This is the best image edit tool I have ever used though... :-) Photoshop is about like trying to use a heat seeking missile when all I need is a rubberband to shoot the guy sitting next to me. ;-)

Thanks and great work,

Tim

Photoshop is about like trying to use a heat seeking missile when all I need is a rubberband to shoot the guy sitting next to me. ;-)

that is without a doubt the best comparison i have ever heard about paint.net and photoshop. :D

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Any chance we could get a strecth tool? That is the only thing in "MS Paint" that I occasionally used that is missing (maybe I just don't know how to do it).

By strecth I am referring to the ability to select an area, then grab a side and move the selection perpendicular in that direction. This obviously just grows the selected portion of the image in that direction. That type of feature can be useful and seems like it would be easy to code.

My Stretchy Tut I Hope It Makes Sense....

I would really like to be able to switch off tablet pressure sensitivity. Sometimes that feature drives me crazy. Even better would being able to switch tablet pressure sensitivity between brush width, nothing, and alpha.

Rainbow%20Space%20Sig.png

The God of Judgement is not pleased...

• 1 month later...

My English is not very good but I’ll try, a think it will be more easy to select the secondary colour by simply select the colour using the right mouse button and the primary colour using the left mouse button avoiding to select on the pallet if you want to select the colour to the primary or secondary colour. Hope you understand what I’m trying to say

i know that at least one person asked for a dialate filter (second to last on first page). it already exists. its a plugin, i have it, i didnt maek it, i got it off of this forum and its awesome.

its actually called erode/dialate filter or something like that

siggy-1.jpg

First of, I know most of these have been mentioned, but I will list my requests here anyway. Repetition is usually a good guide to who many wants a certain feature.

• [*:e1b44]Airbrush tool
    [*:e1b44]Tablet pressure sensitivity
    [*:e1b44]Customizable brushes

Professional Software Developer

and happy user of Paint.net

Things that I think would make Paint.net better:

1. the ability to right click while dragging to cancel the current action (or left clicking if you are drawing with the secondary color)

2. Eraser has independent brush width.

3. The ability to make new layers on the bottom of the stack as well as the top

4. A export current layer option (saves only the selected layer)

5. When selecting an area, the ability to hold down a key to switch to move selected pixels immediately after selecting.

All that being said, it is still a wondeful program. :D